Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 08/10/17

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:

Five of us made our goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    OK; I missed mine.

OTHER:
    Welcome Seasha! Seasha set goals for next week.

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made one goal

Goal was:
    One or both:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Exercised twice; did not walk enough steps.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 2344

F - 1994
    S - 1377
    S - 1869
    Mon - 1719; grocery shopping
    Tue - 1888
    W - 2240; Silver Sneakers class
    Total: 13,431 steps. Average: 1919 steps per day

Still dealing with sprained toe. I have it taped to the next toe, as a splint. It's harder to walk and to exercise, especially in shoes. It's been three weeks; it might take six weeks to heal. But, it's feeling better than last week.

I had't been to a doctor after it happened. I had my annual appt w/ primary care provider, so we discussed my toe. He said that could X-ray it, but it didn't really matter whether it was a sprain or a break -- that the treatment would be the same and what I was doing was fine.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

GOAL:
      1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
      2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

Goal #1 - made it! Walked more than 3000 steps for 4 days and averaged 3085 stps / day.
      Goal #2 - made it. Performed PT 2 days this week and did stretches another 2 days. I did not ride the bike .

Comment

Sorry to hear about your toe, Faith. It's completely understandable that you couldn''t walk as much! Hope it heals quickly.

I almost made my goal, but missed one day of my arm weight lifting exercises. I made the mistake of using 2# weights. My left arm is so much weaker and it was harder than I thought, so I will modify the goal.

I did however exceed my bonus of gardening. You're right msgijo - harvesting can't wait! I made it out there 5x/wk and used the morning cooler temps to do my work.

I'm adjusting my goal for next week:
        Use 1# weights for my arm exercises. I have 6 different exercises (10 reps for each arm) that my dh suggested for me. 3x/wk
        Yoga class
        Gardening at least 4x/week.

Have a good week everyone!
        Last edited by Seasha; 08-10-2017, 05:29 PM.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I made my goal. I rode bike 3 days and I did extra walking.

Mamabug, I'm sorry you are still having trouble with your toe. You still had a good wk.

Way to go everybody.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

I made goal - walk/stand with rollator for 30 min 3X a day, and daily stretching.

Did a bonus of 2 extra 30 minutes, up on my feet, during the week.

Cooler weather has been very nice!

Keep on moving the best you can, everyone.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Sorry to be so late to report. I made all of my goals. Congratulations to all who are trying their best. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X