Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/10/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/10/17

Hi Everyone. Over time I have tried to think of little ways to keep from gaining weight and also losing weight. One way that I focused on not so long ago is to not grab something to eat between meals because of what it does to my teeth. A few months ago I had to have a crown put on one of my teeth which was unpleasant and very expensive. It made me more conscious of not snacking after my teeth are brushed. I occasionally feel the urge to eat something between meals and almost succumb but shift my thinking about what it can do to my teeth. Does anyone else have a motivator to share? I would love to hear of some.

Boo hoo. I regained the pound and a half that I lost last week. I honestly did not think I had done that bad. I once again weigh 115 which is my goal weight. I still want to get down to 113 as a cushion. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, good for you for continuing not to gain once again. Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could hold the course but as you can see I gained again. I just don’t have your consistency. I wish you could package and sell it! Keep it up.

Mamabug, good for you for reversing the process and again showing a loss. I know it can be difficult after coming back from vacation. I’m pulling for you to continue working toward your goal.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is going well for you.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, good for you for going back down. I am sure that yard work with good night’s sleep was helpful. Good luck with holding the course.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does, so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week.” This is indeed good advice. I find Mamabugs exercise post most helpful to keep me motivated. I strongly recommend it.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.2 pounds by three members. Way to go. That means a significant number of us lost this week. It once again proves that it can be done. May we continue on the bright path.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. May we all stay out of this column because we did not gain rather than because we just did not report. Reporting gains is proof of taking weight loss seriously and is a warning to others.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4010.31 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Hi everyone, I figured I'd just bite the bullet and check in instead of waiting until I was happy with a loss. So, I'm back up 4.7 lbs from when I last checked in (almost a month ago???!) and am at 216.6.

Ugh.

I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. Not enough sleep, too many activities and I just feel like I don't have any time to breathe. And school hasn't even started yet, so this is my "slow" time. And the thought that things are going to get busy again is also stressing me out quite a bit as well.

I need to do something differently--I need to lose weight and my hubby REALLY needs to lose weight. While I've gained 15 lbs from my lowest this year (back in Dec) he has gained 25-30! Granted, he was on some steroids for a poison ivy attack, but that was 2 months ago now.

My fridge is full of fruits and veggies--a lot which have gone bad because I haven't been able to cook them! I've tossed out mangos and watermelon, kale, collards and swiss chard because if I don't cook it, slice it or remind people to eat it, nobody will eat it!! It's very frustrating!

I took an exam at work for a promotion. It was a 3 part test (7 hours) spread over 2 days at the end of July. I think it went well, but won't know the results for a few months.

I didn't end up being needed for the horse show last week--but that was okay--I ended up working overtime at work on Saturday and got paid almost the same as I would have in one day vs 3 and didn't have to stand in the sun or travel or use any vacation time. It wasn't as much fun, but it was nice to not lose out on too much $. Then Sunday, we had a birthday party for my girls who have turned 7 and 9. It was pretty low-key and fun, but I'm still tired!

Next week we will be on vacation! I'm REALLY hoping for a few days where we can just sit and relax and DO NOTHING. And I mean nothing! I NEED at least ONE day, where we do NOTHING!!! My hubby is good and understands this!

The following week, once we get back home, my parents are coming to visit for 2 weeks, during which time, I am hoping to take some more time off work and again, just do nothing!

Hubby and the girls start school the week after Labor Day, so I need to gear up for that. Hubby will start coaching and it'll be the end of Oct before he comes home before 8 pm. But I can't think about that right now!

In the meantime, I'll keep working on portion control and sleeping more and cooking at home more. I USED to prep all my meals every Sunday. I think I need to get back to that to make my life easier!

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs

Recent weights:

07/20/17: 132.2 lbs
      07/27/17: 135.8 lbs
      08/03/17: 135.6 lbs
      08/10/17: 134.8 lbs

I'm getting back on track. I feel good about the 0.6 lb weight loss this week. I'm not usually able to lose that much in one week. Hoping to get back to where I was prior to vacation (about 132 lbs), then back to under 130 lbs, and, my goal remains in the 121 - 122 lb range, where I was 6 years ago, following my 60 lb weight loss.

I'm glad to still be in a size 10 (was in a size 6 for awhile). But, it's so much better than the size 22 I was at prior to 2010-2011. As usual, Karen, thanks for the encouragement.

Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
      Hi everyone, I figured I'd just bite the bullet and check in instead of waiting until I was happy with a loss. So, I'm back up 4.7 lbs from when I last checked in (almost a month ago???!) and am at 216.6.

Hsmaldo -- Yes; I found that it was important for my weight loss, and continues to be important as I work at maintenance, to hold myself accountable to other people. I absolutely hated, on 7/27, to post that I had gained 3.6 lbs during my 17 day vacation. But, not posting it wouldn't make the pounds disappear, so there was not point burying my head in the sand.

You've also set some helpful strategies -- portion sizes, fruits and vegetables, reducing stress and busy-ness. Be aware, also, of the importance of protein and regular snacks.
      - I like to keep almonds and dark chocolate around (dark chocolate Hershey's kisses work, or Hershey's or Dove have other dark chocolate products. Once every two - three hours, I grab 4-6 almonds and one or two Hershey's kisses (or just one of the small Dove or Hershey chocolates. It's much smaller than a "serving size" listed on the package, but keeps me from snacking on unhealthy things, and keeps me from being too hungry at meal time. And protein and some "healthy" fat is important in weight loss.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I lost half a pound this week to weigh 116.6 - a tad under goal weight of 117 .

Motivator? Hmmm IDK ...

Remembering the hassle of finding new styles and sizes when I got to this weight and the cost of a new wardrobe is a strong motivator .

Being accountable here is also a motivator. Of course I want to be able to report that I am doing well, so I often find myself NOT eating that slice of pie with icecream on wednesday knowing that I will not have time to lose the weight before time to report in .

Being a diabetic helps also - I have had to become adept at realizing that if I have "this" then I cannot have "that" to manage carb counts, but it works well with weight management too. If I simply HAVE TO HAVE that brownie then that means I will have to limit the amount and kinds of foods that I can eat for the rest of the day. Is it really worth it?

Even with these motivators in place I still splurge - as evidenced by my yo-yo weights each week.

As agate said last week -
        Originally posted by agate View Post
        ... Maybe increased walking will be of some help.
        Decreased eating should help too. I should try that more!
        It really is a lifestyle.

Mamabug - good loss. Keep up the good work!

hsmaldo - Your goals of portion control and sleeping more and cooking at home more will certainly help drop the weight. And I feel for you and your dream of "do nothing" time. Finally after 7 months of hospital, doctor visits and intensive care of my husband things are settling down - for a little while anyways. I can actually take (mostly) me days now . But it has been so rainy and humid here that the sleeping is not going very well. I am up most nights with spasticity, which is the pits, then dragging all day .

Good luck to all this week .

Comment

Keto

Hello all. Just a quick one on weight loss - I started the keto diet on Monday this week. After 4 days I've lost 3kg. I look at the scales with disbelief. I started after reading a lot saying it had some neuro benefits - have a read yourself and see what you think. It is not that hard actually - I'm eating bacon, eggs etc.. Just no carbs or sugar. (<20g carbs in a day). Lots of water to stay hydrated. Simply wow. I also started this diet at taking Tec I need to keep up high fats when I eat.
          Might not work for all - and who knows if I can keep it all off in the end - but the initial impact is awesome.
          Stewart

Comment

Thank you for the input

Originally posted by stewart View Post
            Hello all. Just a quick one on weight loss - I started the keto diet on Monday this week. After 4 days I've lost 3kg. I look at the scales with disbelief. I started after reading a lot saying it had some neuro benefits - have a read yourself and see what you think. It is not that hard actually - I'm eating bacon, eggs etc.. Just no carbs or sugar. (<20g carbs in a day). Lots of water to stay hydrated. Simply wow. I also started this diet at taking Tec I need to keep up high fats when I eat.
            Might not work for all - and who knows if I can keep it all off in the end - but the initial impact is awesome.
            Stewart
            Stewart, thank you for the suggestion. I lost most of my weight on Atkins which is somewhat similar to the one you mentioned. I did however watch the type of fat I ate, largely avoiding animal fat. I was not hungry throughout the process and lost all the weight I desired in a steady fashion, I think about 2 lbs. per week, total 40 lbs. I later lost about ten more pounds with a more traditional diet incorporating fruits and veggies. Good luck in your efforts. Karen

Comment

Working...
            X