Trying to figure it all out - need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to figure it all out - need advice

In the Fall of 2016 I started experiencing tingling in my right hand/foot. Then I started getting a stabbing pain in my right hip - it would come and go but definitely made me go "ouchie". My Dr ordered an MRI and CT and both came back clean. Symptoms went away.

A month ago the tingling started again, this time on my left side - left foot, left hand and lower arm (elbow to wrist). The stabbing pain in my right hip has come back - again, super "ouchie". Interestingly, both times have been during super humid weather. This time, I also experienced brain fog. Holy hell. I felt like I was in a daze or actually had amnesia. I couldn't think straight, forget about making any decisions. My fatigue level was so bad. I was exhausted and I've had a super bad migraine for the last 3 weeks. I can't get rid of it.

I typically get headaches and I have chronic neck and back musc le pain. Nothing has helped that - for 5 years. I've tried physio, massage, acupuncture. I take flexoril every night. I also have hypothyroid which I take synthroid for.

I've made another Dr's appt for next Friday but I have no idea what to say to him about what the next steps should be .... any advice?

Originally posted by darbi2017 View Post
    I've made another Dr's appt for next Friday but I have no idea what to say to him about what the next steps should be .... any advice?
    Hi darbi

Sorry that you are having a rough time with so many symptoms, and no explanation for why they are happening.

Could you write down what's been going on with your symptoms (similar to what you've told us here) and have the documentation ready to take to your appointment on Friday?

My neurologist really appreciated it when I had everything documented, and he read it before he came in the exam room.

It gave him a bigger picture of what was going on, in addition to my clinical exam. He then ordered the appropriate tests.

I'm sure that you must be frustrated, but unfortunately it takes time to get a diagnosis, especially when it involves various widespread symptoms such as those that you're having.

Don't be afraid to ask your doctor questions while you're there. You could write those down as well.

Wishing you the best.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi darbi,

are you seeing a neurologist ? If not, I would ask my primary for a referral.

Hope you are doing/feeling better !
      Linda

Comment

Here is some good advice about how to prepare for your doctor appointment:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...t/ptc-20131915
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X