Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruised foot pain

Good morning all,
    I have had this pain in my right foot for a couple of weeks now, and it's different than any other pain I've experienced.
    It literally feels like I dropped a huge rock on the top of my foot. Right at the base of my smaller toes to the top of my foot. It hurts every time I take a step-like I bruised it.
    Now, the toes beneath which is where the pain begins, are the toes that tend to cramp or "charlie horse" at random times. But it's not a constant cramp.
    Does anybody else experience pain like this? Or has a "dropped a cinder block on myself" type of pain?

This is besides normal burning pins and needles, which I've had for years. I haven't brought this up to my neuro yet-but do I even bother? I mean, it sucks, but I've been living with it *shrug*. It does get pretty stabby at times, but I've had worse.

Thanks <3
    Dx 11/09
    Aubagio since 09/15

sorry

That was some pretty terrible grammar :/

The area where it hurts, is right beneath the toes that tend to cramp up now and then.
    Does that make any more sense? It's right below my three middle toes-not the thumb or pinky toe.
    Then it spreads to the top of my foot.

Sometimes, words are not my forte
    Dx 11/09
    Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

Went to the doctor

Hi again. Well, I feel silly, as this was kind of all my fault.
      I went to my pcp, and it comes down to me going barefoot.
      She said I probably did a little something to my foot a long time ago, and didn't notice it.
      I always go barefoot in the summer. We have had some
      incredibly hot temps, and I will not wear shoes for anything. I'm home most
      of the time, and I feel the most comfortable without shoes on. This was very bad! She pretty
      much scolded me for not wearing my shoes. Going flat-footed made whatever I did, a lot worse.
      It was a gradual thing-probably took all summer to get to this point.

So my fix: wrap my right foot, take some pain meds, and WEAR MY DANG SHOES.

Lol...I feel pretty dumb, but grateful that this was the fix, and not something more dire that would
      require steroids, pt, etc...

xox
      Dx 11/09
      Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

Originally posted by Ivy_Sprite View Post
        Hi again. Well, I feel silly, as this was kind of all my fault.
        I went to my pcp, and it comes down to me going barefoot.
        She said I probably did a little something to my foot a long time ago, and didn't notice it.
        I always go barefoot in the summer. We have had some
        incredibly hot temps, and I will not wear shoes for anything. I'm home most
        of the time, and I feel the most comfortable without shoes on. This was very bad! She pretty
        much scolded me for not wearing my shoes. Going flat-footed made whatever I did, a lot worse.
        It was a gradual thing-probably took all summer to get to this point.

So my fix: wrap my right foot, take some pain meds, and WEAR MY DANG SHOES.

Lol...I feel pretty dumb, but grateful that this was the fix, and not something more dire that would
        require steroids, pt, etc...

xox
        Hi Ivy Sprite

So glad to learn that your foot pain is treatable and fixable.

Good luck as your foot heals!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Ty

Thank you KoKo!!

I've had it wrapped, and have been wearing my shoes (ouch!). As I said, my own fault, but it should start feeling better soon. I do walk better with my tennis shoes on.
          But curse you neuropathy! If it wasn't for You, I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with!
          Dx 11/09
          Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

Originally posted by Ivy_Sprite View Post
            Thank you KoKo!!

I've had it wrapped, and have been wearing my shoes (ouch!). As I said, my own fault, but it should start feeling better soon. I do walk better with my tennis shoes on.
            But curse you neuropathy! If it wasn't for You, I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with!
            Hoping that your foot does start feeling better soon!

Neuropathy is definitely no fun.

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Morton's neuroma

Your pain sounds pretty similar to what I've had issues with which is a Morton's neuroma--don't freak out, it's just an enlargement of the nerve.

I typically describe the pain (when it's REALLY bad) as if someone was taking an icepick to my foot.

Look it up and see if it sounds like what you are dealing with. My pain with it is pretty controlled by wearing orthotics with a metatarsal pad--lots of inserts have them nowadays and it takes the pressure off the nerve.

Oh, I just saw this post was originally from 2017. But I'll still post because maybe this info might be useful to someone else!

Comment

Working...
              X