Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 08/03/17

Five people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    We all made our goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    None.

OTHER:
    We'll welcome Seasha if she joins in next week.

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals.

Goal was:
    One or both:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Exercised only one time; did not walk enough steps.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 2061

F - 1135
    S - 1750
    S - 2387
    Mon - 2505; Silver Sneakers class
    Tue - 1882
    W - 1438
    Total: 13,158 steps. Average: 1880 steps per day

Still dealing with sprained toe. I have it taped to the next toe, as a splint. It's harder to walk and to exercise, especially in shoes. It's been two weeks; it might take six weeks to heal.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Faith. My month long company has left, so I'm ready to start this! I'm going to start small goals as I ease into a routine.

Goals:
      Arm exercises using 1# weights - 3 days/week. DH is going to help me figure out what/how to use them effectively.
      Yoga class 1x/week

Bonus:
      Gardening - at least 3x/week - it's harvest time, but we're having a terrible heat wave lately, so this is a maybe ?

glad to be a part of this group once again
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I made my goal. I rode my bike two days and I went grocery shopping one day, I ride around in the electric cart but walking in, getting up and down getting groceries from shelves and getting them in the house, boy oh boy is it a work out.

Mamabug, sorry you are still in pain. I hope it gets better soon.

Seasha, so glad you will be joining us.

Hope everyone had a good wk.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Made goals of walk/stand with rollator for 30 min 3X every day, and also daily stretches.

Accomplishing these physical goals helps me to feel at least somewhat in control, which feels good!

Good luck with your goals Seasha!

Hope your toe heals well Mamabug, and do what you are able to (I know that goes without saying)!

Good job REG53!

Wishing the best to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

With great effort I made all my goals. It gets harder as time goes by.

Sorry about your toe Mamabug. I hope it heals soon.

Congratulations to all of you who keep trying and an extra pat on the back to those who succeed. Karen

Comment

Make goal #1 - walked over 3000 steps each day with the average steps per day = 4581.
              Substituted goal #2 instead of PT and / or bike I went shopping 1 day, cleaned house 3 days and did yard work 4 DAYS. So I feel that the activity that I did was more than my other goals .

The weather finally decided to give us a break here - highs have been upper 80's / low 90's and little humidity. It is supposed to be even cooler through the week-end with highs staying in the 80's, but rain is moving back in.

Good job Karen, KoKo and Reg . Welcome Seasha - very reasonable first goals, and one thing about your bonus - if it is time for harvest then it is not going to accept that you don't feel like it today . Faith I know how painful a hurt toe is. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this, and hope it starts to feel better soon .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                The weather finally decided to give us a break here - highs have been upper 80's / low 90's and little humidity. It is supposed to be even cooler through the week-end with highs staying in the 80's, but rain is moving back in.
                We're getting a big weather break here too (Northwestern Ohio). For the next 7 days, mid to upper 70's daytime, and 50's/60's overnight. Unusual for August, but a very welcome relief!
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                  With great effort I made all my goals. It gets harder as time goes by.
                  Karen, I feel the same experience as you do.

My mind and spirit want to improve or increase the physical activity in certain areas (or at least have some easy days doing the same goal), but then I realize that my body just isn't up to the challenge anymore.

We can only do the best that we are able to do, and hopefully feel some sense of accomplishment with that.

Take Care

Comment

Made it!

I managed my PT exercised or a leisurely stroll on the elliptical machine at least once each day (except Sunday. Sundays are exempt from workouts other than normal walking)
                    The knee PT is all about stretching, so it's getting super boring. I've tried putting on Netflix while I do the exercises, but get the counts all messed up. I'm not sure if I've done too many or not enough. Oh well, I've done a bunch, so it'll have to do.
                    Adding the elliptical training is a lot easier. I'm using zero tension, so it's not overtaxing my knee, but I'm still getting full range of motion and weight bearing too.
                    I'm going to try ONCE next week to add some practice kicks. I'm still pushing hard for that BB rank!!
                    Yep, I'm pushing it. It's who I am. I know I am hugely blessed to be as strong as I am while fighting the monster that is MS, and I will fight it with every ounce of strength I am blessed with every moment I can.
                    (run-on sentence! Mrs Beckworth, I am SO sorry)
                    Seriously, I am grateful, and I will never stop fighting.
                    Thanks to all of you for being such an awesome support to me. It means more to me than I can say.
                    Hugs.
                    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                      Yep, I'm pushing it. It's who I am. I know I am hugely blessed to be as strong as I am while fighting the monster that is MS, and I will fight it with every ounce of strength I am blessed with every moment I can.
                      Good for you! Great fighting spirit!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Take Care

Comment

Thank so much KoKo!!
                        "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                        Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
                        X