Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/3/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/3/17

Hi Everyone. I am in shock. This a.m. an unfamiliar voice greeted me when I answered the phone. She went on to say that she was sending a check made out to me as part of a class action law suit. It had something to do with the xerox machine where I used to have an office when I was in private practice. It was vague. She seemed to have only a rudimentary idea about what it entailed. The sum was not large, but hey I’ll take it. I can hardly think of anything else. I closed that office many years ago and moved to another. I eventually had to give up private practice as my MS worsened and it became too difficult to be at my office consistently. For several years I did consultations wherein I could go at my own discretion. I retired completely three years ago. Sorry to go on about this. I am just so dumbfounded I can hardly get my thoughts together.

I had another shock today. I lost a pound and a half this week so now weigh 113.5. I haven’t been this low for a very long time. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, you did it again! Congratulations for again staying the same. I wish you could bottle your technique. I could use it. Keep it up.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but I am sure it was worth it. It sounds like you had a marvelous time. I’m so happy for you. And I am sure your family and friends thought you looked great. Good luck in getting rid of all you want to lose.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is going well for you.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, your gain is small but I totally know what you mean by not wanting to be so close to the upper point for loss. And I also wish I could determine why I yo-yo so much. I am virtually never static. I wish Agate could bottle her technique. Keep on fighting the good fight.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

I heard a report testing the amount of sleep subjects got and how it affected weight. This is not new. I reported about the phenomenon several years ago. But it is worth repeating. In this new study people who slept six or fewer hours of sleep at night were heavier than those who slept eight or nine hours. There may be several reasons for this finding. Besides possible metabolism issues there is the issue of eating more often. Whatever the reasons are lack of sleep does correlate with greater weight.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1 pound by one member. One pound is better than none. It reminds us that it can be done. I predict that we will see more losses in the coming week.

Total Gain:

4.9 pounds by two members. Once again gains act as a warning to others especially to those who may have gained this last week. Let’s hope we are all in the Loss column this next week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4007.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.2 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs 05/25: 130.4 lbs 06/29: 132.2 lbs

Recent weights:
    07/27: 135.8 lbs
    08/03/17: 135.6 lbs

And Karen -- enjoy your unexpected windfall, even if it isn't large.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 08-03-2017, 01:00 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 1.5 pounds .

That puts me back into a sweet place of 117.1 pounds (goal 117) so now the challenge for the coming week is to just stay there .

Karen - it may have helped that I have done yard work this past week and have been so tired most days that I slept well. That 'proves' the sleep / weight loss theory to me .

Wishing everyone well this week .

Comment

Congratulations on the unexpected good luck, Karen!

Still at 121. On Saturday I had to skip lunch completely but haven't noticed any change in my weight. Lunch is usually about 200 calories but I probably made them up by eating more at other times.

Karen, it's so nice to know that you're at 113.5. I've been aiming for that range (108 or so but I'd settle for 113.5) for--a while now.

Pedometer readings were up an average of 200 steps per day in July compared to June. Maybe increased walking will be of some help.

Decreased eating should help too. I should try that more!
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X