Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this from the Dysautonomia/POTS I have been living with or is it MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this from the Dysautonomia/POTS I have been living with or is it MS?

Hello,
    I am here because I am SCARED and CONFUSED!I am 52 years Old.
    I have been living with a diagnosis or Dysautonomia/POTS for the past 6.5 yrs. 6 months after experiencing and survivng 3 Cardiac Arrests. A few weeks ago I started having some New Symptoms and when I bring them up on google search MS. keeps popping up?
    Has Anyone that has been diagnosed with POTs later to be Diagnosed with MS.?

I have been having numbness and Tingling in my arms, legs and Feet, Especially the left side. I also get like someone is injecting me with something like acid that burns. This occurs mostly in my legs but Also in other parts of my body as well. I am having Involuntary Muscle spasms or tremor like episodes throught my body. It feels as if there is a pinball machine inside my Body and that everytime it makes contact it sends like an electrical shock as well as Spasms thoughout my Body!

With My dysautonomia/POTS I already have the symptoms below:
    Headaches (Me Migraines)
    Nausea
    Abdominal pain (IBS)
    Chronic Pain (General)
    Chest Pains
    Heart Palpitations
    Fatigue
    Shortness of Breath
    Insomnia
    Brain Fog
    Sweating Abnormalities NoN Sweating for me
    Weakness
    Bladder Dysfunction
    Poor Balance
    Near Fanting Episodes

Headaches
    Nausea
    Abdominal pain
    Chronic Pain (General)
    Chest Pains
    Heart Palpitations
    Fatigue
    Shortness of Breath
    Insomnia
    Brain Fog
    Sweating Abnormalities
    Weakness
    Bladder Dysfunction
    Tremors

I think it is important to have any new symptoms evaluated by your doctor. I hope you will do that and find some relief.

Because MS can cause such a variety of symptoms, I have found that checking the internet MS will come up often as a possibility. My son mentioned that to me also because he saw the same thing (and he does not have MS).

I hope you find answers to your new issues!

Comment

Hi InMyWold,

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time with many symptoms, and that you are scared and confused, which is understandable.

The symptoms that come with MS are also present in several other conditions, as you probably already know.

I would let the doctor know about your new symptoms, and your concerns about MS.

He may want to refer you to a neurologist, who may want to do additional testing.

I wish I had more to offer, but just want you to know that I hope your symptoms subside, and that your doctor can help you figure this out.

Wishing you the best.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi InMyWorld,
        Sorry to hear of your problems. I agree with the other responders and I want to add one other thought.
        Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? They should be, at least, 30ng/ml ! Some MS people feel that the optimal levels should be above 50 ng/ml ! My levels are regularly above 50ng/ml. Hope your problems resolve soon.
        Good luck

Comment

Hi InMyWold and welcome!

I too am sorry you are having lots of problems and I'm in agreement that you will benefit from a complete workup by your Doctor.

It is possible to have both POTS and MS, according to some of our members here who have posted about it. https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...highlight=POTS

You might be interested in checking in with a POTS support group as well. This link will direct you to some online groups http://lifewithpots.weebly.com/support-groups.html

Please try and keep your worrying at bay until you have been thoroughly tested by your doctor. Not always easy, but stress makes symptoms so much worse. Keep us in the loop as to what your doctor finds out and take care of yourself!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Neurologist apt Next week

Thank You to All that replied with such concern and support.

I will keep ya posted. I have a neurologist apt. Next week Hopefully I can get some answers

Comment

Working...
            X