Exercise Check-In for 07/27/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 07/27/17

Thanks so much, Seasha, for filling in for me while I was away on vacation.

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Four people made their goals. And I'll count Tina as a partial goal, because you said that you "kept up" with PT.

GOALS MISSED:
    One person missed their goals.

OTHER:
    Seasha, you started the thread, but I'm not sure how you did on your goals.

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My pleasure to fill in, Mamabug. I will be joining the group next week after my month's long company leaves. Not enough "me" time right now.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made goals this week .

Walked over 3000 steps 6 of 7 days, and average steps per day were 3320.
      Performed PT 2 days this week (stretches more than that) and instead of bike I shopped one day and cleaned house one day.

Have not felt real motivated lately. I have developed a headache that wants to hang around, and it is still hot and humid. Forecast is calling for cooler temps over the weekend, but greater chance of rain . Just a couple more months ...

Great job to all who are moving more .

Comment

Made one goal

Goal was:
        One or both:
        1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
        2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Made steps goal. But exercised only one time this week.

Steps plus exercise:
        T- 2390

F - 2240
        S - 2836
        S - 2867
        Mon - 2233
        Tue - 1708
        W - 2088; Silver Sneakers class
        Total: 16,362 steps. Average: 2337 steps per day

I had a great vacation.
        • 5 days with Dad and his wife in Saskatoon.
        • 3 days at a large extended family reunion. We have them once every five years. I expected "100 of my closest relatives" (aunts, uncles and cousins, with a few of their families). But, more of my cousins brought their adult children and their grandchildren this year, so we ended up with over 130 people. We actually needed name tags, for the first time because some of the younger generations and older generations didn't know each other.
          • Some of my cousins stayed with their parents. Homes, or campers were found for our California family (20 of our attendees were from there). The rest of us stayed in motels -- most of them the two local motels about 8 miles away.

• [*=2]My family (hubby and I, sister and BIL, brother and SIL, and Dad and his wife) stayed at Manitou Springs Resort in Watrous, SK, about 35 miles away from our reunion. It's a pool built next to an inland salt-water lake with natural mineral water that is known for its therapeutic benefits. Our hotel fees included access to the pool and brunches in the mornings. So, we kind of felt like, in addition to our large extended reunion, we also had our own little reunion since we don't all see each other very frequently, at least not all together.
        • After that, we went to Manitoba to spend almost a week with my daughter and her family. As usual, I enjoyed my time with little M; he almost gets more fun each time I see him.

Unfortunately, I sprained my toe while I was there; slipped and fell trying to get out of their bathtub. At home, I don't have safety bars, but I do have a windowsill on my left and a medicine cabinet off to my right that I can hang onto. There, I had nothing.

~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - walk/stand with rollator for 30 min, 3X a day, every day.

I've been slacking on my stretches, mainly due to having cold muscles from the air conditioner, which I must have on to function (never stretch with cold muscles!).

So, I am adding the goal of doing daily stretching of arms, legs, and back, while a/c is off for awhile.

Hope your headache goes away, msgijo!

Good moving everybody!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone and good job.

I made my goal of riding bike 3 days. I also got some extra walking in but nothing even close to you who count your steps.

Mamabug you certainly had a great vac. Sorry you sprained your toe.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I struggled more this week but made all my goals. It sounds like everyone else is doing well. Mamabug, your reunion with vacation sounds wonderful. I will continue trying my best to meet my goals. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X