Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/27/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/27/17

Hi Everyone. I am stunned. Can you believe it is almost August! Where has July gone. We have had a cooler July here than usual which distorted calendar perception to a degree. I hope you all are having success in staying on track with your goals. My enthusiasm to lose a couple of pounds seems to wax and wane of late as shown by going up or down a pound or two. If any of you are having trouble losing as much as you would like it would be a good idea to set mini goals so as not to feel overwhelmed.

Hooray, I finally broke my gaining streak. I lost a whole pound this week which was more than I had contracted for last week. I will try my best to lose two more pounds in total with half a pound this coming week.

Agate, Sorry to miss you this week and hope all is well.

Mamabug, I look forward to hearing from you this coming week. I hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is going well for you.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, that half a pound gain seems insignificant since you are well within your weight loss goal. Good for you. Thank you for your suggestion of choosing a weight range at which to stay after weight loss. I actually try to stay two pounds maximum over or under my goal weight. I start to panic when I stay two pounds over for too long. Sorry about your headaches which can really disrupt life. I’m glad to hear things are settling down for you. Also sorry to hear you have had such hot weather unlike here where it hasn’t been too bad most of the time. Good for you for your ongoing success in the weight department.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Looking for the benefits of salmon but you don't feel comfortable cooking fish? Try canned salmon as a simple and affordable alternative.”

Salmon is a great fish choice because of the high level of Omega 3. It is best to buy wild or wild caught to reduce the amount of pollutants. Both wild or wild caught can be found as fresh or canned salmon. Farmed salmon is not a good choice because of the high degree of mercury.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. I hope our absent members are on a losing streak. Hope to hear this coming week.

Total Gain:

1 pound by two members. Our gain acts as a warning to others especially to those who may have gained this last week. Let’s hope we are all in the Loss column this next week. In the meantime our gains have acted as a warning sign to others as well as to ourselves.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4006.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Still in range (but at the top end of it ).

I gained 1.3 pounds to put me at 118.6. Less than half a pound til I go over my range. I will attempt to get closer to goal of 117 pounds this week. I wish that I could pinpoint why I yo-yo so much. Yeah I have managed to keep it in a fairly tight band but still .

Comment

Gained 3.6 lbs

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
      Mamabug, I look forward to hearing from you this coming week. I hope you had a wonderful vacation.
      Thanks, Karen. Yes, a great vacation. Spent time with Dad and his wife; went the reunion (really good turnout -- over 130 people; I had expected about 100); saw a few other family / friends (about 10 old college friends got together for a meal one evening); and, of course, I enjoyed seeing my daughter, son-in-law and little Micah, who is more fun each time that I see him.

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs 05/25: 130.4 lbs 06/29: 132.2 lbs

Recent weights:
      07/27: 135.8 lbs
      7/6/17: 132.2 lbs

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to weigh myself while I was gone, and I was greatly surprised when I came home to much excess weight. My BMI is now at 24.7, just slightly below the 25.0 that is considered overweight. I really don't look overweight; I'm still wearing size 10 clothing. But, the scale doesn't lie. Will see what being at home, near a scale, and able to prepare my own food does this week. If it doesn't help, I might need to consider going back to recording all of my calories. I hope not; that was so tedious and time consuming.

However, after I arrived home and weighed myself on 07/24/17, I weighed 136.2 lbs, so I'm already on my way to losing part of what I gained.
      Last edited by Mamabug; 07-29-2017, 09:54 AM.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Faith, it IS difficult to maintain weight when we don't see what is in and how food that we eat is prepared . I ran across a 'plan' that is supposed to take weight off and posted it (carb cycling) It reminded me of the plan you once followed with hungry days, enough days and splurge days. Still involves some carb counting, but it seems do-able.

I am confident that you will be able to get back on the lossing trend now that you are at home.
        Good luck.

Comment

Sorry I neglected to post. While the housing recertification process is going on, and it goes on for a couple of months, I tend to be overly busy. I'm almost at the end of this year's paperwork and appointments. It has to be wrapped up by August 11.

I haven't gained any weight. Still at 121.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X