Fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue

Does anyone take Provigil or Nuvigil for fatigue? Is it working for you? I used to take Provigil occasionally and it helped, but I haven't used it for awhile. Now I'm having more fatigue and am thinking about taking it again. Do you have any side effects with it? Thanks.

I took Provigil for about 4 years. It worked pretty well for me. Eventually, it seemed to stop working physically, but helped a little longer with cog fog.

The only side effect I had was increased lightheaded/dizziness with head motions. So I learned to not move my head to fast and watched how I moved.

Good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I've used Provigil (200 mg in a.m - 100 mg at 2pm if needed) for the past four years, it does seem to help keep me alert (I am trying to work, and it slightly helps with brain fog - but unfortunately I've recently gone from RRMS to SPMS after 25 yrs). I still take it when I have to go to work or have an event or go out with friends and need to be alert to drive.

I've not had any side effects. I would recommend avoid taking it after 4 pm - I've had trouble sleeping if I take it too late in the day.

I would give it a try - my neuro prefers it over Adderall, which with all its "abuse" has been more difficult to get. Still my pharmacy requires me to show an I.D. for it; fortunately the pricing has come down considerably since I began to get it (from $80 co-pay to $35).

Hope this helps!
      Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
      It's already tomorrow in Australia" - Charles Schultz

Comment

Thanks Sparticle. I've been taking 50 mg a day now, and it seems to help. It's kind of expensive because I haven't met my deductible yet. Glad it's working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nkh18 View Post
          Thanks Sparticle. I've been taking 50 mg a day now, and it seems to help. It's kind of expensive because I haven't met my deductible yet. Glad it's working for you.
          Not sure if this is an option, but when I was on it, I told my neuro insurance wouldn't cover it and the cost. He prescribed 90 days and double the dosage I needed so that I could use a pill splitter and make it last 180 days.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X