newbie here! diagnosed 6/15/17 with RRMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie here! diagnosed 6/15/17 with RRMS

Hii everyone! I've been reading for a while and decided to post.

I'm Christine - I'm 31 and live in Portland, OR. I was diagnosed on 6/25/17 with RRMS. I went to urgent care on 4/28/17 for continued muscle stiffness and I had fallen twice (I couldn't get an appointment with my PCP for months and figured I had vertigo or something) and the urgent care doctor was very thorough and referred me for a brain MRI which showed a few abnormalities. I met with a neurologist who told me he would be surprised if I didn't have MS (he didn't say it rudely - I appreciated the realness) and then had a spine MRI which showed numerous lesions, which of course confirmed the MS. I did write a thank you note to the urgent care doctor for going above and beyond because he likely saved me years of being misdiagnosed.

the only treatment option I was really given was Rituxan and I got my first infusion on 7/6/17. I do take Baclofen. A nurse did mention other options but said they were 40% effective as compared to Rituxan which is (per her) 90% effective. I haven't noticed any improvement in my symptoms yet.

anyway I also have a cute kitty and an international boyfriend (he's British and lives in London) and I'm a social worker and I've traveled to 31 countries, so far! I wanted to include a few details besides my symptoms and treatment, ha.

I'm very new to MS and I didn't grow up knowing anyone (that I knew of) with MS. Honestly my only reference point before this was Barlet on The West Wing!

Hi cristinee and welcome to MSWorld! I'm sorry you have MS, along with the rest of us. However, you are fortunate your diagnose didn't take that long and got on a DMV right away. It will help you in the long run.

I love Portland and good friends who live there. I live in the state of Washington, so we're sort of/kind of neighbors
    I hope that MSWorld and all the incredibly kind and supportive people here can answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy about asking! We also have a chat room available with supportive people there as well.

Hope to see more of you here.
    Take care!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome! I look forward to reading more about you. Best, Jules
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Hi Christine,
        Welcome to the boards. Sorry for your dx but at least you didn't have to languish in 'Limbo' . This message board is full of MSers that add different perspectives and experiences. I've learned a lot from this board that has helped me through tough times! I hope that you also
        gain something from this site, too. Good luck
        p.s. I like Portland a lot. I want to go to Jake's for some raw oysters and a beer ! I hope that place is still there after I beat this nasty 'plague'! lol

Comment

Hello christinee and welcome to MSW. This place has helped me many times.

I love the coast of Oregon. It's just beautiful!
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to MSworld, a great place for support and info I have found.

Comment

Working...
            X