Exercise Check-In for 7/20/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 7/20/17

Mamabug is out of town, so I'm helping her out again this week. She will be back next week and hope she had a great vacation!

Four people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    All of you made your goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    No one! Tina - hope you are on the road to recovery!

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

GOAL:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
    2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

I only made 1/2 my goals this week.
    I walked over 3000 steps / day for 6 days and average steps per day for the week was 4107. So I net goal 1 100% .
    I DID NOT perform PT or ride the bike this week. The only claim I have to exercise is shopping 1 day. It has been a struggle to make it thru the days w/o taking naps and trying to get the 'have to's' done each day. So I did not make goal 2 .

I will keep the same goals for the coming week.

Seasha - Once again Thank You for filling in . And we look forward to seeing you joining with us in moving more.

KoKo - I hope that you have had a break with the weather (I have not ). I used to LOVE being outside. Loved summer more than any other season. Now I just want to find a large freezer to stay in from the first of May until October .

Reg - I understand about the shopping. That was something else I once enjoyed. I attempt to keep the list small and go every week so that it is not quite as taxing on me, but still it is a workout!

Tina - It is good to see you back . I understand that you want to hurry the process up and do more than called for, but listen to your body. Once a day is enough for now, then just add a rep or two when you feel like you can. It will add up to doing them 2x a day before you know it.

Good job to all of the 'movers and shakers' out there .

Comment

Made my goal. I rode my bike 2 days for 30mins. 3rd.day I had a Drs. appoint., we all know how tiring that can be, did my laundry and housework.

msgijo- 1/2 of your goal a great goal. You are doing well.

Good luck everyone and lets keeping moving.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - walk/stand with rollator for 30min 3X a day. It wasn't easy but doable.

Been getting off of my chair for short bits in between too, as my bottom is very prone to getting sore. I've invested in so many different cushions over the past couple years!

msgijo - I think we had one or two days of a weather reprieve, but currently it's back to hot, humid, and oppressive dew points! I miss enjoying the outdoor summer activities also.

REG53 - Glad your second infusion went well, and is not interfering with your activities, for the most part.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

One day this week I wanted in the worst way not to do my exercises but on the other hand I did not want to have to report that I had not done them all for the week. Thus I thank this forum for keeping me on the straight and narrow. Good luck to all. Seasha, thank you for filling in. Karen

Comment

Avg approximately 2600 stepsI was busier, on vacation, than I usually am and walked more than I normally do when I'm at home.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

PT has been all kinds of "fun". I've kept up with it, but not twice a day. You're right msgijo- slow & steady wins the race.
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
              X