Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/20/17

Sorry I forgot to post this last night.

Hi Everyone. I hope everyone is doing well and seeing progress in meeting their goals. I don’t know who all go swimming in the summer or just to the beach. I gather no one on this forum is bikini driven. I am certainly long past that motivation. It is nice to feel satisfied in a one piece. I hope no one avoids swimming because of not looking ravishing. Lets face it, most people on the beach are not Raquel Welch or the current equivalent. Swimming is wonderful exercises for full body toning. I hope everyone is staying cool.

I clearly did not follow my best advice again this week. I gained another half pound and am disappointed. I thought I was doing better than that but the scale does not lie. I am now at 116 which is a pound over my goal weight. I am concerned because I seem to be having trouble staying on track. I will conservatively try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, you remain your consistent self. I wish so much that when I am at my goal weight that I could just do the same rather than constantly yoyoing. Best wishes.

Mamabug, I hope you are having a good time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hsmaldo, good going! Getting more sleep may have had some effect. People who don’t get enough sleep generally gain weight. Sorry about your husband’s poison ivy. I have an allergic skin condition and know what he is going through. Good for you for taking advantage of veggies. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, Good for you for your loss. Going below your goal weight must by most pleasing. You are consistently within a good range which is most encouraging for the rest of us. Thank you for being such a good role mode. Have a good week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Remember that Dr. Oz says, “Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories.”

I remind people of this because in hot weather people sometimes skip meals or delay eating at the usual time. Consistency is important to stay on track.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.1 pounds by two members. Good going. You are our examples for the week. May we all follow your lead next week.

[/B]Total Gain:[/B]

.5 pound by one member. Sorry to break the trend. I am your example of what not to do this week and hope none of you follow my lead.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4006.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.5 pounds this week, so am now at 117.3 pounds. Still well within my goal range of 117 +/- 2 pounds, so life is good .

Well weight is good. The heat and humidity are the pits. And I have had a headache every day this past week. None of my meds seem to do much for it. Not sure what the cause is, but I truly hate the thought of going to a doctor for a headache.
    I want to think that I have been under so much stress this past year that is is now time to pay the price for being able to function since last October. BTW things have settled down a lot - We only had 3 appointments scheduled this entire month! DH still needs a lot of care, but is trying to do more and more every day. Which comes with it's on unique stressors .

Karen - You are at the hardest part. Eating what you did to lose weight is not what you want to do, but you cannot go back to the old habits that put the weight on. A very fine tight-rope to walk. I would suggest that you build in a range that you would be happy with (like my 2 pounds in either direction of goal weight). Good luck .

Agate - I saw an article that talked about getting the last 10 pounds off and I thought about you - I will try to post it in a different thread in this forum. It talks about carb cycling and reminded me of Faith's plan of 'hungry days, enough days and spurge days', and is supposed to help regulate the body's insulin levels also. In any event good job .

Hsmaldo - I want to say that I am sure that you are on a downward trend, but I don't want to jinx you . But since you have found the magic formula for weight loss I am pulling for continued losses for you .

Poohb3ar - The grands are a little too young to go swimming, but I hope that you have found a nice cool way of entertaining them during these hot summer days. Hope all is going well for you .

Good luck to all this week - and stay cool .

Comment

Working...
    X