Baclofen Pumpsters...replacement surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen Pumpsters...replacement surgery

Just wondering what other pump users who have had their pump replaced experienced as far as hospital stay after the surgery?

Was it day surgery, or did you stay overnight?

Just bumping up and wanted to wish you well with surgery and recovery.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Another bump, for any feedback from those that have had replacements.

Comment

Bob

I will have bob weigh in on this, when I see him. He has had a couple of them replace, I believe he has had a couple of them replaced.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Thanks for bumping this. I had the surgery last Friday. It was day surgery. Arrived at 5:30 AM and was home by noon. It went very well. The main difference this go was no dressing and no stitches or staples. Just a sort of glue or doily looking "stuff" over the whole incision. Pain has been minimal, mainly when I sit down or stand up. Spasticity is controlled in fact I think I'm moving a little more balanced. Thanks for yout thoughts.

Comment

Dang the auto correct. Meant to say epoxy not doily

Comment

I'm glad it went well. Hope your healing goes ok.

Comment

Glad it went well RDMC. I have had one pump replacement where they used the "super glue"...LOL.
                I definitely like that better than the staples.

Are you wearing a binder? I have worn one and also other doctors have not done that.

Hope your recovery goes well.

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Well, I have an addendum to my pump story:The incision got infected so they've give me 2 weeds of antibiotics and if that doesn't clear it up the pump may need to come out. So it's a waiting game. Of course if I spike a fever or the incision degrades the surgery will be done at that point. BTW, Bob, I've always worn a binder after my other surgeries. I felt like it gave me a little security from dislodging the pump while it healed.

Comment

Hi RDMC

Sorry to hear about the infection. I hope it gets cleared up soon. I know what you say about feeling things are more secure with the binder. My last pump replacement, the binder helped keep the staples from moving around. I was so happy when they came out.

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Sorry to hear. Hope your recovery goes well. Keep us updated.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hoping you are continuing to get better and better RDMC!

Comment

Working...
                        X