Exercise Check-In for 7/13/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 7/13/17

Mamabug is out of town, so I'm helping her out this week.

Five people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Four made goal.

OTHER:
    ShrinkKaren - I'm not sure if you made your goal or not? Let us know!

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Made all my goals again 100% for 7/6/17 and 7/13/71.

I did make all my goals for 7/6/17. I'm sorry I must have forgotten to state that. Miraculously, I managed to get all exercises in this week after I missed one day and then had to make that day up. I'm finding exercises more difficult as time goes by because of slow MS progression. I'll keep trying the best I can. Karen

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - walk/stand with rollator for 30 min, 3X every day.

It was quite the challenge this week, due to very oppressive heat, humidity, and dew points.

The air conditioner (wall type in one room)) would cause my muscles to get cold and spastic, but then when turned off, or in another room, the humidity would take over me! Maybe a small dehumidifier would work?

In any case, like ShrinkKaren, I'll keep trying the best I can.

Best to all!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

GOAL:
        1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
        2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

Goal 1 - made it 100%. Walked over 3000 steps every day and the average daily steps comes out to 4076.
        Goal 2 - I did not do any PT exercises or ride the bike this week. BUT we did work on cleaning out the barn for 2 days, and I washed laundry and actually hung it on clothesline to dry. And stretches were required every day. So yeah I feel that I actually did more this way that I would have just doing PT and I am going to call it another 100% met.

As KoKo says "It was quite the challenge this week, due to very oppressive heat, humidity, and dew points".

Seasha - Thank you for filling .

Karen - It does seem to get harder to just keep up with the same routines, but I shudder to think of where I would be if I don't make the effort to move every day. Like you, this forum keeps me moving many times when I would rather not.

KoKo - Awesome job. Speed reading is fine for most things but sometimes it causes one to lose what is actually being read. Case in point - I had speed read your goal as being " to walk/stand with rollator for 30 min, 3X every WEEK" when your goal actually states "walk/stand with rollator for 30 min, 3X every day". Awesome. You exercise 1-1/2 hours every day! WOW.

GOOD JOB TO ALL WHO ATTEMPT TO MOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
          KoKo - Awesome job. Speed reading is fine for most things but sometimes it causes one to lose what is actually being read. Case in point - I had speed read your goal as being " to walk/stand with rollator for 30 min, 3X every WEEK" when your goal actually states "walk/stand with rollator for 30 min, 3X every day". Awesome. You exercise 1-1/2 hours every day! WOW.
          msgijo

Thank you for your kind support!

Weight bearing, as well as getting off of my bony tailbone, are really important.

Great job on your efforts and activities also!

Take Care
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made my goal exercise 3 times a wk. Rode bike 30mins 2 days and 1 day I went grocery shopping. Had to bring in and put up, had 4 big bags, needless to say, it wore me out.

All of you are doing great. Happy Moving Everyone.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
              ...and 1 day I went grocery shopping. Had to bring in and put up, had 4 big bags, needless to say, it wore me out.
              REG53

Oh yes indeed - that's exercise for sure!

I remember the grocery shopping "work out" all too well!

Take Care

Comment

Hi,
                I started PT for my knee this week.
                Goal now - Do the PT exercises minimum of once daily. I'd prefer twice, and will work toward that, but as I'm now back to work, twice may be too much.
                Did I make that since PT started?
                Yep!

The knee is still not thrilled with exercises or even walking, but I no longer need a crutch.
                Note: I work with my dad, brother, and 2 of my sons. All 4 of them are watching out that I don't "overdue" things. No ladder climbing, no carrying stuff. I feel positively babied!
                "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                  Hi,
                  I started PT for my knee this week.
                  Goal now - Do the PT exercises minimum of once daily. I'd prefer twice, and will work toward that, but as I'm now back to work, twice may be too much.
                  Did I make that since PT started?
                  Yep!
                  Great to hear that you're moving right along with your rehab exercises, and back to work too, Tina!

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                  The knee is still not thrilled with exercises or even walking, but I no longer need a crutch.
                  Note: I work with my dad, brother, and 2 of my sons. All 4 of them are watching out that I don't "overdue" things. No ladder climbing, no carrying stuff. I feel positively babied!
                  Enjoy being babied while it lasts!

Take Care

Comment

You all are inspiring me to join this group! Was a part of this a few years back and want to join again. I'll have to wait a couple weeks until my son, dil and their baby leave for their new home in Argentina. They're here staying with us now and things are quite chaotic, but want to get into a exercise routine of some sort when they leave.

When I can't even pick up a 23-4# grandbaby, I know I need to work more on arm muscles! See you later
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                      You all are inspiring me to join this group! Was a part of this a few years back and want to join again. I'll have to wait a couple weeks until my son, dil and their baby leave for their new home in Argentina. They're here staying with us now and things are quite chaotic, but want to get into a exercise routine of some sort when they leave.

When I can't even pick up a 23-4# grandbaby, I know I need to work more on arm muscles! See you later
                      Seasha

We'll be here to remind you, if you should forget!

Take Care

Comment

Tina- Glad you started PT for knee and I hope it goes well.

Seasha-Glad you will be joining us.
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

Made 1 goal

Avg 2651 stepsI was busier, on vacation, than I usually am and walked more than I normally do when I'm at home.
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                          X