Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/13/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/13/17

Hi Everyone. Can you believe it is almost the middle of July already! It is a good time to take stock of where we are with fulfilling weight loss goals. Many people find losing weight to be easier in the summer because of the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies. I hope you are all taking advantage of that benefit. We need to steel ourselves for the onslaught of Autumn veggies such as sweet potatoes and various kinds of winter squash. I love winter squash and have to be careful not to overdue.

I’m not surprised that I didn’t see a loss this week because I was not as attentive to calories as I should have been. Thus, I weigh 115.5 which is the same as last week. I will try my best to lose at least half a pound this coming week.

Agate, you really do deserve an award for consistency. I wish you could bottle it. I would be the first to make a purchase. I am rarely in that column since I constantly am yoyoing. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, staying the same is a good place to be. It is certainly better than gaining. And think of it as the time before the next loss. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, how wonderful that you had such a great time. I am truly pleased for you. And to lose a pound in addition is fantastic. Good luck with your promotional test.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, yum, that pie sounds so good! I am sure your little indulgences were worth it especially since you are in your ideal weight range. I predict that you will go down this next week. You have such an amazing track record. Keep the faith.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

I heard on the news of a new study that reported that people who drink coffee live significantly longer than people who do not drink coffee. It make no difference of it was decaff. The wonderful thing about coffee is that it has no calories except for additives. I like coffee black which is fortunate for me. So drink up.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1 pound by one member. Hsmaldo, you saved the day. It is important to have at least one loss in order to set a positive example. May we all follow suit next week.

Total Gain:

3.4 pounds by two members. Thanks for reminding us that gains can and do occur. It happens to the best of us. The good news is that we can turn that statistic around.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4003.81 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I'm down 1.2 lbs from 213.1 to 211.9. I'm happy with the downward progression--I think I needed the week away from home to re-establish some better eating habits! I'm also getting more sleep and I attribute that directly to getting out of my old routine. I'm enjoying some quiet time each morning--even if it's only 10 minutes out on the front porch swing before heading to work. This morning was a little warm--high humidity and already feeling like 80 degrees, but it's so peaceful. Just me and the hummingbirds who come to the feeder!

My poor hubby has had to be on a steroid cream for poison ivy, so he is ravenously hungry and his weight has ballooned up. I feel bad for him, but it's also easier for me to help scale us back when he's on board as well--which he totally is. This means fewer trips to the amusement park for meals which is an incredible help since there are fewer temptations!

I'm definitely enjoying the abundance of veggies this summer and have been roasting quite a few on the grill. (Brussels sprouts!!) YUM! Also, trying to keep up with drinking enough water--even when I'm just sitting in the office--again, the trip helped set me up for some better habits!

I hope you all had a good week, summer is flying by, but I'm doing my best to slow it down!

Comment

Lost 1.8 pounds

7/6 118.6
      7/13 116.8

That puts 0.2 pounds under goal weight of 117 (likely the closest I will ever get to it ) and well within my accepted range of + / - 2 pounds.

Karen - staying the same is good - especially if you weren't paying attention to what you were eating! I like the tip this week. All that I drink is water and coffee, but I have to make sure NOT to drink coffee after 6pm or it interferes with my sleep. Strange because if I am sleepy during the day and drink a cup in an attempt to wake up I can still go lay down and go to sleep then .

hsmaldo - It is good to see you are on a roll (finally - right?). Yep it does sound as if you have found the combination of factors that works for you .

Agate - good job of STS! I love that phrase. I had pulled up some tips to 'rev up' metabolism but the only ones I can remember now are 1) get more sleep and 2) exercise when you get up.
      If my cat would let me sleep after 6am I would get more sleep. And I consider that feeding up the cats, dogs and chickens as enough exercise when I am forced by said cat to get up and feed him .
      DH is finally eating better (not great but better) but he is not listening to me concerning his insulin. If I am serving him carb substitutes he DOES NOT need to continue the same amounts of insulin. That causes him to bottom out and then he spikes in an effort to raise it. That happened 2 days ago. When his sugar was 39 an hour before bed I fixed him a small meal that would raise his sugar without spiking it. But in all his wisdom he decided that he needed 6 more cookies . Needless to say he woke up the next morning with a 'fasting' level of well over 200.

Poohb3ar - I hope that the grandkids left some of you still around . I cannot imagine keeping 2 of mine at the same time and they are older. With one the limit is less than 24 hour (evening, night and part of next day). A great weight loss program, but oh the stress involved ...
      Hope you are doing well.

Wishing all of us a great week .

Comment

msgijo, I know what you're going through with a cat as your alarm clock. One of my cats landed on my bed with a thud early every morning, and if that didn't work she stood on my nightstand and leaned into the lamp that was on it until she knocked it over. Ruined a few light bulbs and lampshades that way but it got me up.

Still at 121. I now have a full-length mirror, which I hope will help to remind me that I'm looking a bit too padded.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X