Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 07/06/17

Six people checked in this week.
    GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    No one missed goals.

OTHER:
    Thanks, Tina, for checking in. You'll be recovering and setting those goals again soon.
    Welcome, MMMMS. Glad that you joined us and that you are setting appropriate goals for yourself. We're all at different places and we all have to set our own individual goals.

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following w

Seasha will start the thread for me while I am out of town the next two weeks.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 07-06-2017, 02:57 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both my goals.

Goal was:
    One or both:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Steps plus exercise
    T- 1773

F - 1542
    S - 3550; YMCA -- 11 minutes recumbent bike plus some walking in the pool
    S - 2219
    Mon - 1499
    Tue - 3499; attending the fireworks helped me get more steps
    W - 3484; YMCA -- Silver Sneakers class, 1 hour
    Total: 17,566 steps. Average: 2509 per day

The pool has been difficult for me, the occasional time that I've gone. The water seems to throw my balance off and even trigger a bit of a "brain freeze". I've required help from the lifeguard, after I get out of the pool, just to walk to the changing room.

This time, my husband went with me. I wore some water shoes, which I just purchased. They helped with the slippery deck, which was one issue. And, I took my cane into the pool. It helped there and on the deck when I got out. Gave me more stability and more confidence.

For the next few weeks, I won't be setting a goal because I'll be on vacation and just not sure how much I'm willing to do.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

GOAL:
      1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
      2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

I made my goals for this week but no bonus.
      I had over 3000 steps every day this week with the average steps / day = 3412. I performed balance PT for 3 days this week, and core PT once. I rode the bike for 5 mins 1 day.
      I also swept and mopped on 2 days - I think that was more exercise than the pt was .

The heat and humidity is about to do me in . I have had to stretch every day. And increased my daily Baclofen dose. Between the three (heat, baclofen and spasticity) I have had to really push myself to accomplish anything.
      Even my 'barn cats' have decided to move in and lay around in the ac all day .

GOOD JOB TO ALL WHO ARE MOVING !

Comment

made goal too

Hi everyone

I made goal of walk/stand with rollator for 30 min - 3X per day.

It's not always easy and often a struggle, but I feel very grateful when I'm done. (I love being upright!)

I did a "bonus", as msgijo would say, - some light housekeeping.

Mamabug - glad you're being cautious and safe at the pool.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made my goal. 2 days bike and about 3 days of walking.

Good Job Guys.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I have to say in all honesty that this forum definitely helps me stay on the straight and narrow. Some days I start to think of reasons not to do all of my many exercises and then think that I do not want to have to confess that I did not complete all my goals. Thus this forum is positively a benefit for me. Best wishes to everyone. Karen

Comment

Working...
            X