Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/6/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/6/17

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July. I did not do anything spectacular but reflected on other Fourths going all the way back to when I was a child. Now it is time for all of us to hunker down and get rid of some of our excess baggage. Think fresh fruits and veggies which are plentiful this time of year. I have been getting wonderful asparagus among other things.

Rats! I gained half a pound so weigh 115.5. I honestly thought I was doing better than that but was obviously kidding myself. I will try my best to lost at least half a pound this coming week.

Agate, you are again holding your own. Good show.

Mamabug, good for you for the loss. Those small losses ensure that you will not return to your pre diet weight.

Hsmaldo, you remain the busiest person I know. I don’t know how you do it. Your loss may be small but it counts and is way better than gaining. Do keep it up.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, that is good that you showed a small loss rather than the other way around. Your plans for the 4th sounded very positive so I am sure you have done well. Best wishes.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “You're three times more likely to follow through if you start with small gestures such as these. Always have vegetables on hand. Saute a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic. Add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor and separate into portion-sized containers for the fridge.”

We are not just starting out but it is not a bad idea to review the above and to put the principles in place especially if you have gotten off track. Most of us do get off track from time to time and sometimes it is difficult to get back on the straight and narrow.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.3 pounds by four members. We had a great week with so many losses and no gains. Those small losses do add up and prove that we can all rally and avoid the Gain column. May we all continue to succeed.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. That is a terrific statistic. May we all continue to avoid the Gain column.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4002.81 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Stayed the same

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs 05/25: 130.4 lbs
    06/29: 132.2 lbs

Recent weights:
    06/29: 132.2 lbs
    7/6/17: 132.2 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Goal 117 pounds +/- 2 pounds.

Well I dropped the ball this week. I gained 2.9 pounds . The 4th dinner that I fixed turned out well. I used all of the modifications except that I didn't use fresh fruit for desert but made a fruit pie.
      The problem that I has was with portion control .

It just all tasted so good. I have only had 2 slices of pie but I DID pig out on everything else .

The only good thing is that I was under goal weight to start with, so I am still within target range (barely). At 118.6 pounds I need to lose some this week. I am going to set an ambitious goal to lose 1 pound this week.

Karen, it happens to us all. You are at the hardest point - just trying to maintain the loss that you have managed. That's hard work! You can do it.

Faith, staying the same is still a title that I covet. I realize that you still have some weight that you want to lose, but savor that phrase. It is a wonderful thing to be able to report 'stayed the same' . You record speaks for you - the weight WILL come off. Slowly, but I am sure that you will get it off.

Agate, 40 pounds of food for 2 weeks ! Yeah it may be a good 'kick-start' for additional loss, but I hope that you have been 'hoarding' stuff for the last couple of weeks.
      I had a freezer quit on me last week and so lost a lot of food . But I have decided to NOT replace it. I have another one that is full, and intend to clean it out by eating what we have on hand. So that means that trips to the store will only be for fresh or perishable stuff (bread, vegs, etc.). Only problem with that is that I no longer have a 'stash' place for my fruit pie - does that mean that I need to eat it all before it goes bad ?

Good luck to all of us this week.

Comment

msgijo, I have been stockpiling food recently. Only 5 more days till groceries will arrive again. Fresh fruit isn't very likely to happen just now but I have a couple of apples sitting in the fridge, and then there's the dried fruit I always keep around--craisins, raisins, dates.

Weight still the same--121.

One thing I've noticed is that oil and butter need to be carefully measured out. It's really easy to use far more than you think you're using. I'm always surprised at how little it takes to amount to 45 calories.

Yes, portion control is a big problem, isn't it? I find that if I think hard about what I'm "entitled" to and stick to that idea, I can get past a cake or a plate full of cookies. I slice off a tiny sliver of the cake, maybe just part of a sliver, or cut myself half a cookie and take it away somewhere to eat it, leaving the cake or the cookie plate covered up, and then I enjoy my little bit of no-no food and try not to think about how there's more of it nearby. It's easier to forget it if I busy myself with something very interesting.

It's hard when it's a dessert you've made and you're in charge of it. I used to find things like that hard to resist, and I'd eat my way through a large part of one of my creations and tell myself I'd make up for it by eating much less for the next few days.

This usually didn't work well. For one thing, you do have to get your daily nutrients. You can cut back only so much.

Many frozen meals and vegetables list a serving size and then tell you that there are 3.5 servings in the container. This means some arithmetic just while you're in a hurry to cook your meal but I usually do the math anyway rather than guess at it.

What I dislike is a serving listed as a measly 75 calories, and then you read on and find that the serving size is 1/8 of a cup. This happens a lot on labels, particularly with snacks like trail mix or nuts.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I'm back!

I just arrived back home last night and it was the most amazing experience! I had such a blast photographing the show and the events and although there were some slight hiccups in the week, overall it was an amazing experience and I'll remember it forever!

I lost 1 lb while I was gone, down from 214.1 last check-in to 213.1 this morning. I'd be tempted to say it might be water weight, but although I was dripping sweat like crazy, I was on top of the hydration game--over a gallon of water every day, plus throwing in some coconut water for electrolytes.

I never got overheated, didn't get sunburned and was as smart as I could be with the heat and humidity.

I got some great pictures, met some fantastic people, and overall, just had the best time! I logged in tons of steps, got some weight training in (that camera gets heavy after awhile!) lol! And best of all, ate healthy! There was very limited snacks/desserts, so my dessert was fresh blueberries. Dinners were grilled and I went easy on the carbs. Mainly stayed with proteins and roasted veggies.

All in all, an incredible job AND I got paid to do what I loved!

Now I'm back at my "real" job, I have a promotional test coming up in a little over 2 weeks, so I have switch gears back to studying--though after this week, it's kind of weird to not be walking around everywhere (even to use the bathroom!) with a camera slung over my shoulder!

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July!

Comment

Working...
          X