Aubagio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio question

[I have been taking Copaxone for 7 years. I tested positive for JCV and I have had a relapse over a year ago and have not fully recovered. I also have active lesions.

I decided to try Aubagio, I took my 8th dose this morning.

Yesterday I developed a terrible headache, I get headaches occasionally but this one was bad. I threw up 3 times.

On a side note, our 24 year old son was injured badly in motorcycle crash, he was in a rehab center and was released yesterday to our home until he recovers. So I have alot of stress right now and not aure if it was the Aubagio

I take Biotin daily and have not had any hair loss issues as reported by several.
    Diagnosed 2006, RRMS.

That sounds like a horrific headache!
    Yes, stress can trigger headaches, so you may be right thinking it contributed to yours.

I've been taking Aubagio for 2 1/2 years & have had a few bad headaches, but I've had bad "regular" headaches as well as migraine, so I doubt the Aubagio triggered any.I do know, for me, that when I get dehydrated, my headaches are much more severe. I drink more water than "average" and the headaches are fewer and less intense. Perhaps that may help you too.

As for hair loss, I did have some, but not until the 4th or 5th month after starting swallowing these tiny blue pills. It lasted about 2 months and was really just more hair in my brush than anything like a drastic hair loss. Biotin (its a B vitamin) taken daily can help promote healthy hair growth if you start shedding.

Good luck with everything, I hope that your son recovers quickly and completely.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

No Headaches

I have been on Aubagio for over 4 years and it hasn't caused headaches for me. I do have problems with my stomach and I lost quite a bit of hair but I also haven't had a relapse since starting it so I stick with it.

When I don't feel good (most of the time) I never know if it is the medication I take or just MS. My DH had rectal bleeding 2 weeks ago and it was bad. We spent 5 hours in the ER and the stress really made me sick. Plus it is in the 90's here so I have a big whammy going on. My point is that stress is really difficult and you sound like you had a huge amount!

Best wishes.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you gor all of your responses. I continue to have a slight lingering headache as well as some abdominal cramping, i am convinced it is stress related at this point.

Son is home and we ate getting a routine down. Other son is ofd to college in August....so yes alot of good and bad stress.
        ramping.i
        Originally posted by loopey View Post
        I have been on Aubagio for over 4 years and it hasn't caused headaches for me. I do have problems with my stomach and I lost quite a bit of hair but I also haven't had a relapse since starting it so I stick with it.

When I don't feel good (most of the time) I never know if it is the medication I take or just MS. My DH had rectal bleeding 2 weeks ago and it was bad. We spent 5 hours in the ER and the stress really made me sick. Plus it is in the 90's here so I have a big whammy going on. My point is that stress is really difficult and you sound like you had a huge amount!

Best wishes.
        Diagnosed 2006, RRMS.

Comment

Working...
        X