LDN Dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDN Dosage

A little background: Five years ago I was diagnosed with MS after having symptoms and an abnormal brain/spine MRI and months later I was also diagnosed with Lyme through 3 different tests. I am not debating what I have as I have both and therefore treating both. I have been on Minocycline and LDN for 4 years.

I chose not to try any DMD's for MS and went with LDN. When starting on LDN, I did the normal 1.5mg for 3 months increments. After being on 3mg at the 6 month mark, my doctor recommended I try 4.5mg to relieve the numbness in my fingers. I upped it to 4.5mg and sure enough the numbness subsided.

Getting to my question... has anyone ever went down with LDN and had better results? The more I read the more I hear most people who take LDN are at the 3mg mark and never went above 3mg, it appears 3mg is the magically number.

Side note: while on LDN I have had no NEW symptoms, but old symptoms appear sporadically, but resolve the same day (this is not daily).

but

I was diagnosed with PPMS in late 2009. I did much research online and found a doctor to prescribe LDN. I did the 1.5mgs and moved up,, incrementally, to 4.5 mgs in a couple of years. My neurologist suggest that I stop the LDN, last year. I don't think that I was getting anything from the drug. But I don't think the drug did anything harmful. So, I'm satisfied with my LDN course. Good luck to you

Comment

Low dose is the key, the lower the better but if 3 wasn't getting the job done and 4.5 is, why change?
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
        Low dose is the key, the lower the better but if 3 wasn't getting the job done and 4.5 is, why change?
        I would change dosage out of curiosity. I am curious if 3mg might prove more beneficial. Looking back to when I first started LDN, I feel I kind of rushed it and upped the dosage prematurely. I am hesitant now to change with fear of a relapse.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
          I was diagnosed with PPMS in late 2009. I did much research online and found a doctor to prescribe LDN. I did the 1.5mgs and moved up,, incrementally, to 4.5 mgs in a couple of years. My neurologist suggest that I stop the LDN, last year. I don't think that I was getting anything from the drug. But I don't think the drug did anything harmful. So, I'm satisfied with my LDN course. Good luck to you
          Weird your neuro would want you to stop a drug that's cheap and minimal side effects (if any) compared to their deadly, expensive DMDs.

Comment

Working...
          X