Exercise Check-In for 6/29/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 6/29/2017

Five people checked in this week. GOALS REACHED:Three made goal. GOALS MISSED: Two missed goals. Moving is what we're hoping for. I'm still more aware of moving than I would be without all of you. It's good we can encourage each other, whether we meet our goals, or whether we don't. OTHER:-- ----------------------------------Exercise Tip: I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying. ------------------------ For new Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.--------------------------------------------Sorry. Won't do line breaks or paragraph breaks. I even tried using the HTML .
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goal. I rode my bike 1 day and housework for two days, sweeping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms.

I hope everyone is doing well.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Made both goals.

One or both: ---1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day. ---2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else. ---T- 1905;F - 1914;S - 3238; Worked out at the YMCA and went to the pool. S - 1793;Mon - 2862; Silver Sneakers class, 1 hour. Tue - 1971;W - 1750;Total : 15433; Average 2204 steps per day
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

GOAL:
        1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
        2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

Made all of my goals - but no 'bonus' this week.

Thu- 3555
        Fri - 4603 PT (balance)
        Sat - 3818 Stretches
        Sun- 1993 Stretches
        Mon - 4264 PT (balance)
        Tue - 3801
        Wen - 3247 PT (balance)

Walked 3000 steps /day for 6 days this week. Average steps daily = 3597. PT 3 times this week and stretching for 2 more days.
        Disclaimer - the balance PT is the easiest one to perform, and I do it while I am doing other things. It is all that I am finding time for lately . But not having time to do exercise because I am too busy can (and does) mean that I am moving .

Happy 4th to all .

Comment

Great job everyone!

I made goal too!

Walk/stand with rollator for 30 min - 3X a day.

To clarify,"walk" (for me) means taking a few, slow, careful steps at a time (don't want to be misleading here).

We do what we are able - as Mamabug says - moving is what we're hoping for!

Good wishes to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I keep plodding along. I will try to do the same this week. Best wishes to all. Karen

Comment

Hi!
              I feel like I've not been here for far too long. I had surgery on Thursday to repair the torn meniscus. Doc said everything went very well (yay!). I'm up & moving about, short distances unaided, longer jaunts with crutches. The entire knee is really swollen, but I hope that will resolve now that I'm more mobile.
              I see doc on Friday for post-op, not sure if he'll order PT, or just hand me a sheet with exercises. Either way, I'm itching to be more active.
              Obviously I haven't set any real goals in a while, once I get the go-ahead from Doc on Friday, I'll know what I can/should do.
              Thanks for being there, the support you've given me has meant a LOT.
              Tina
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Hi Tina

We missed you!

Glad to hear your knee surgery went well.

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                Either way, I'm itching to be more active.
                I'm sure you are!

Happy for you that soon you'll be able to move a little more, and set those goals again!

Take Care
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you to whoever came up with the idea for this. The no pressure approaching setting your own goal works! I saw these threads a week or so ago and made the goal simple - to walk every day. If it's a good day, it's a longer walk. Bad day = shorter walk. So if I do my best, I've met the goal. Honestly don't know why it took this thread to figure that out. But thank you for starting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
                    The no pressure approaching setting your own goal works! I saw these threads a week or so ago and made the goal simple - to walk every day. If it's a good day, it's a longer walk. Bad day = shorter walk. So if I do my best, I've met the goal.
                    Yes, you got it right, MMMMS! Welcome aboard to the exercise group!

We're glad that Mamabug started the group, and keeps it going.

Take Care

Comment

Thanks KoKo!
                      and Welcome MMMMS!! I love how this group is so supportive & our goals are personal. We're all in different spots with how much we like/can do for exercise. I love yours. Just walk. I'm working on that one right now myself!!
                      "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                      Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
                        Thank you to whoever came up with the idea for this. The no pressure approaching setting your own goal works! I saw these threads a week or so ago and made the goal simple - to walk every day. If it's a good day, it's a longer walk. Bad day = shorter walk. So if I do my best, I've met the goal. Honestly don't know why it took this thread to figure that out. But thank you for starting it.
                        Glad this weekly thread is useful for you. I re-started this group. It had been going in the past, but sort of fizzled with very few members and died. After not running for a year or so, I found that I really missed it. I think that I exercise more if I have to be accountable to myself and others. And, the encouragement from others helps to motivate me.

Our goal is to "move", in whatever way works for us. We all have our individual abilities, disabilities and challenges. So, setting our own goals is the only way to make this work.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Tina, I'm so glad your surgery went well. I know you will be working hard to get moving again.

MMMMS, Glad you found the thread and welcome.
                          God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                          X