Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/29/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/29/17

Hi Everyone. Rockets and flares going off but not because of the fourth. They are going off because we have lost over two tons of weight since the beginning of this forum. That is over 2,000 pounds!!! And each and every one of you contributed to this great number and for that I congratulate you all. May we continue on our way to good health and a stunning appearance. That being said, Happy Fourth of July.

I lost a 1.5 pounds this week so now weight 115 which is my goal weight. My sodium level is currently low so my weight is optimal. Give me a fair amount of salt and my weight would go up. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week. I want a two pound cushion.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week and hope you are well. Hope to see you soon.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but at least it is under a pound. You continue to be in a good range. Best of luck this week.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week but am not surprised with all of your activities. I hope you are enjoying your photography. Do keep us informed.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you this week and hope everything is well with your. Do let us know.

Msgijo, your gain is truly minuscule and I am sure it did not distress you. Congratulations on continuing to be at your goal weight. I do hope your husband continues to improve health wise. I am sure his progress is a great relief to you. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says” People who regularly weigh themselves and keep track of their progress in a journal are more likely to lose weight.”

This is definitely a reason to maintain membership on this forum. It can serve as a journal entry. I know for me personally I don’t want to see my weight go up in black and white. I find this forum more of an incentive than recording in a journal that only I would see.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.5 pound by one member. Glad to add something although small to the Loss column. Losses do give us encouragement even when small.

Total Gain:

1.1 pounds reported by two members. Good for you both for admitting your gains even though small. It is a reminder to all of us to be careful.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4000.51 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons which I will have more to say about next week. That is phenomenal.

I have to start with the usual, "oh my goodness, I can't believe that June is almost over!!" Because Oh my goodness, how is June almost over already??!!

Since I last checked in, my weight was up, then down, report that today I'm at 214.1, down from when I last checked in at 214.2. So, ultimately down .1 lbs!

Today is also the first day in 6 days that I have NOT had a headache. I had to leave work early on Friday last week because of it, but have had some form of a headache (milder, but still painful) since then. Until this morning! SO happy about that!

Next week, I will not be checking in because I'll be at the show taking pictures! I'm REALLY excited, but also nervous. To add to the stress and planning, the organizer has asked for meal ideas as he will be shopping for and we'll be preparing our meals. I'm happy on one hand that we won't be eating out every night, but still don't have a ton of control over what we'll be eating. I told him LOTS of salads and grilled chicken as well as roasted veggies (we'll have access to a grill). After being in the heat, I know I won't want to eat a huge meal.

At this point, I'm just praying lots about the weather and leaving it all in God's hands. I'm going to prepare the best I can and take as many precautions as I can to not get overheated. Add to that the long days and the stress of trying to take good pictures, I know I can't handle it all on my own, so I'm just going to trust it all works out!

I'm also up for a promotion at work and I'll be testing at the end of July. I have quite a bit of studying to do for it, so that should also be taking up a bit of my time.

On top of all this, I'm wondering if my blood pressure getting a little high--(wondering if that's one of the causes of the headache?) I'm wondering if there might be any stress in my life that could be contributing to it! LOL!!

I hope you all have a very Happy and safe 4th of July!!

Comment

Lost 0.4 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs. 2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs 05/25: 130.4 lbsRecent weights: 06/29: 132.2 lbs 06/22: 132.6 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.3 pounds

6/23 116.0
        6/29 115.7

It's almost too hot to eat!

The 4th is a traditional 'pig out' day for me, but I am trying to think of cooler alternatives to eat this year.
        A nice cool pasta salad sounds better than mac & cheese - and it saves some calories.
        Maybe I can come up with a fruit desert instead of a peach cobble covered with ice cream - that one is harder to resist .
        Meats will be grilled and I don't use much bbq sauce (mostly a dry rub) so I am safe there.
        But what about the hash and rice? Unless I experiment with something like quinoa (we have tried the 'riced cauliflower' and it is ok, but ..)

All of these substitutions would have an advantage of also being more in line with a 'diabetic' diet. So why is it so hard to resist the calorie laden, high carb foods that I know are 'bad' for me .

Good luck to all this week and Happy 4th !

Comment

Stayed the same at 121 but must have neglected to check in here in time last week.

I use a grocery delivery service that is available in this town for people who can't do grocery shopping themselves but it gets 4 weeks off every year. One of those weeks is for the July 4 holiday, and so right now I've shopped for groceries for 2 weeks. Hard to do when there's a 40-lb. limit to what you can buy.

So that situation will jumpstart my diet plans, I hope. I'll have to eat less to make the existing food last for 2 weeks.

msgijo, I'm diabetic too and often find it hard to cut down on the carbs. So many foods I like are heavy on the carbs.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X