Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Estate

Hello everyone,
    I haven't posted in a really long time. I was wandering if anyone is a real estate agent. I'm thinking it will let me work more on my terms. Any input will be great.

I had this same thought back when I was still working. My management job in Information Technology was stressful and frequently meant working long hours and traveling. At that time I was walking with a cane, experiencing the beginning of spasticity and muscle weakness.

I attended a night school for real estate agents and got my license but did not pursue the career change. Real estate agents work harder and make less than I thought.

The necessity of working weekends and evenings did not appeal to me. My worsening mobility and fatigue would have been a problem showing houses with stairs and uneven yards.

I have newfound respect for agents, and wish them all well. I would never attempt to buy or sell a home without one.

If you have a friend or acquaintance in the business, talk with them about it.

Comment

I work at a real estate office currently so I've been talking to the agents to get a feel. The reason I'm doing this is because I can pick how much I want to work. I do know it is not an easy job, but I'm going to give it a go since I'm still in pretty good shape. I don't know how long I will be able to do it for but we shall see...

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
      I had this same thought back when I was still working. My management job in Information Technology was stressful and frequently meant working long hours and traveling. At that time I was walking with a cane, experiencing the beginning of spasticity and muscle weakness.

I attended a night school for real estate agents and got my license but did not pursue the career change. Real estate agents work harder and make less than I thought.

The necessity of working weekends and evenings did not appeal to me. My worsening mobility and fatigue would have been a problem showing houses with stairs and uneven yards.

I have newfound respect for agents, and wish them all well. I would never attempt to buy or sell a home without one.

If you have a friend or acquaintance in the business, talk with them about it.

Comment

Working...
      X