• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 6/22/2017

Four people checked in this week.
    GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goal. One made partial goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    One made partial goals. Moving is what we're hoping for. A partial goal is still good.

OTHER:
    --

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals

T- 1705
    F - 2021
    S - 2238
    S - 2343
    Mon - 1106
    Tue - 1621
    W - 1049

Didn't exercise at all. The YMCA only has classes that I like two days a week. Mondays don't always work for me. I wanted to go on Wednesday, but I had an afternoon appointment and an evening meeting, and I really have to watch my activity pretty closely so that I don't overdo it or I wear out, so I decided not to go.

I haven't done Wii Fit for a long time. And, I rarely walk steps in the house to get my count up anymore. I'll have to begin being more intentional about meeting my goals.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I did not meet my goal of riding bike 3 days. I did ride it two days and I was also on a camping trip.
      I really got a lot of leg exercise that I believe was equivalent to 30mins bike riding so I have decided
      to change my goal.

A min. of 3 days of exercising for at lease 30 mins ea day whither it be riding my bike, cleaning my house or doing extra walking (with my rollator), I can't come anywhere close to any of you that count your steps.

Mamabug- Like you say, moving is all we are hoping for. So keep moving but don't overdo.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Mamabug and everyone

Made goal of walk/stand with rollator for 35min - 3X a day (and really "pushing" it most of the time).

I am revising goal to walk/stand with rollator for 30min - 3X a day.

Moving is all we are hoping for - well said Mamabug and REG53.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

GOAL:
          1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
          2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

I walked 3000 steps or more on 7 of 7 days, averaged 4421 steps a day and performed PT on 2 days. I only rode the bike for 5 mins on 1 day, so while I met my goals I didn't make the bonus.

And full disclosure: I did not perform the 'core' PT exercises (the HARD ones). It has been so humid here this past week that I performed the stretching PT and added a couple of days when I did not do PT but did stretch.

While it may look like I am ready to 'up' my goals let me assure you that I had no intention of walking so much - it was just that I had things that I had to do. We received some good news (for me anyhow) at a Dr. visit this week. DH has had lifting restrictions so now he can help with some of the chores I have been doing .

I look forward to the time when I don't HAVE to do as much , but at the same time I realize that when that time comes I will have to be much more disciplined to meet goals . So GOOD JOB and congratulations to all who made the effort to MOVE .

Comment

msgijo

Glad your DH is improving!

Congrats on your goals!

It's been hot and humid here too lately - not fun.

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I have to admit that if it wasn't for this forum I might lack off at times. I don't want to have to report having done that. As a result I go the extra mile. Thus I will continue trying my hardest to fulfill all of my exercises. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X