Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/22/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/22/17

Hi Everyone. It is always a sobering date for me, the longest day of the year which of course was yesterday. Now the days are getting shorter–and shorter and before we know it, it will be winter again. Ugh. In the meantime I vow to make the most of every summer day. Summer is a good time for us who are trying to get the old pounds off. We can eat all of the fresh veggies we want without gaining a single pound. And of course there is an abundance of fresh fruit which in moderation is a healthy addition to one’s diet. One veggie that I love but which needs to be eaten in moderation is fresh corn. I keep having to remind myself to use restraint. Fresh salads are the best this time of year and are good for the old waistline. Of course one must be careful about dressing. So I encourage everyone to eat healthy with all of the wonderful garden choices.

I lost a half a pound this week. I truly tried to cut size of portions but did not do as well as I hoped. I now weigh 116.5 which is of course 1.5 pounds over my goal weight. My determination still exists. I will try to lose between a half pound or a full pound this week.

Agate, fantastic, you broke staying the same barrier. Congratulations are in order. Keep doing what you did to achieve this result.

Mamabug, sorry you had a small gain but that’s not surprising with family visiting. I am surprised you did so well. I always go off the deep end when my son and or others come for a visit. Good luck with going forward.

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain but it is not huge and I am sure you can go the other way. That is fantastic that you are walking and playing volley ball. Those exercises will only help. Keep it up.

Poohb3ar, nice loss. You indicate that you want to lose a bit more. I will be cheering for you in that endeavor. I lost beyond my initial goal and am very glad I did so. Good luck in going beyond your original plan.

Msgijo, very nice loss. I congratulate you on reaching that goal. You have done a terrific job at going down steadily. Sorry you have such an aversion to exercise. It does help with overall health. The truth though one has to exercise a fair amount to even lose one pound. Keep on the bright path.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

One must have a plan and stick to it after one’s weight loss goal has been reached. We all know the grim statistic regarding peoples’ tendency to regain lost weight. It does not work to just resume old eating habits. There are different approaches in keeping pounds off. One way is to maintain appropriate portion size. Anything can be eaten but in moderation. Another plan is to maintain the diet plan five days a week and to splurge the other two days. This often doesn’t work because two days turn into three days and perhaps four and so on. It is a good idea to set a limit on regaining such as two or three pounds. Then action must be taken such as going back on the plan that was used to lose the weight. In other words one must be proactive to stay slim and trim.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

5.1 pounds by four members. Good show. Congratulations to all who added to that statistic. May we all continue to stay in this column.

Total Gain:

1.6 pounds reported by two members. Congratulations on your honesty. Thank you for admitting your gain which is a reminder that it can happen to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4000.01 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons which I will have more to say about next week. That is phenomenal.

Gained 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
    06/15: 131.8 lbs
    06/22: 132.6 lbs

I seemed to fluctuate a lot this week. Maybe it'll go down next week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.3 pounds.

6/15 115.7
      6/23 116.0

Good news is that I am still 1 pound below my goal weight of 117 pounds and am still within my goal range of +/- 2 pounds. AND I weighed this week at a different time of day so the result could be off by as much as 2 pounds . But I am grateful for such a small gain - I ate chinese again (lots of soy = sodium) and we had frozen dinners (= more sodium) last week.

It was just a hectic week, and I am glad it is over! I see some light at the end of this journey of doctor appointments, rehab appointments and having everything around the house being my responsibility. DH's doctor lifted his weight lifting restrictions, and he is slowly learning ways to work around his sight deficents.

The tip of the week is SO true. For me I have to keep with the loss diet and gradually add in foods that aren't too far outrageous. And it helps to have a little buffer .

Karen. you can do this. Remember, slow loss is good loss - no matter how impatient we get. I do wish that dh would eat more veggies and some fruit, but alas they would go bad if I were to get some and expect to be able to eat them all by myself .

Faith, as I remember the last 10 pounds to my original goal was such a yo-yo of lose a little and gain back even more . I had almost decided that I would never manage to stay below 140 pounds, and was considering just throwing in the towel. As frustrating as it is, you are doing what is needed to lose the weight that you need to lose to reach your goal. You can do this!

Good luck to all of my partners in this weight control battle!

Comment

Working...
      X