Indroduction - new to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indroduction - new to the forum

Hi,I've been looking for an online community and hope I can find what I'm looking for here. I'm a 32 year old male and am in a serious relationship with a fantastic woman who happens to have MS. She told me a couple months into dating. There wasn't any hesitancy on my part as to whether to continue or not. I've considered the possibilities of what it may mean in the long term, of course, and want to continue preparing myself mentally for what it might be like. But from my perspective, it's not an issue in terms of continuing on.

I can understand where some people might come from in that just being too big of a roadblock (after reading a lot of forums, including a bit on this one) but that's just not me. And that's good because I've fallen completely in love and am now moving in with her.Anyhow she has RRMS. I've been doing my research and I ask her a ton of questions. But I wanted an additional resource of sorts. Maybe to pick the brains of others should an issue arise and how others have handled it (practically, emotioanlly, etc).For now, though, I just wanted to say hello. I'll likely be lurking with the odd question or comment. I hope I can get something out of this forum and eventually contribute as well

Welcome to MSWorld, ImpossibleSoul!

We're glad you reached out to us and hopefully we can be helpful to you as you start this journey with your partner. It's good that you have been doing some research and hopefully you are searching for credible and reliable sites online like the NMMS, MS Focus and MS Society of Canada.

You will get a lot of various opinions on our forum (and others) on how MS effects our lives. We allow freedom to speak our fears, our hopes, and our struggles, so don't always be alarmed by what you read. You sound like your eyes are wide open and that is good to hear. MS can be a difficult and challenging road for many of us, but many of us have lead near normal productive lives for many many years. And with so many new drugs available now that help stop or lessen the progression of this disease, there is more hope than ever before.

We hope you come to us with questions and emotional support as that is what we're all about! We'd love to hear from your girlfriend as well.
    Take care!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

ImpossibleSoul

Hi and Welcome!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi,
        Always nice to meet new people.
        Hope you find msw as helpful as i have the last couple of years.
        My husband and i recently celebrated our 32 anniversary and we have 5 children even though i have had ms for about 33 years.
        He is still my most favourite person on the planet.
        We are so fortunate that he had an attitude very similar to yours.

Welcome and all the best,
        Caroline.

Comment

Just know that in the future she may forget something that you guys covered in depth. Certain events that you recall may be a mystery to her. Sometimes those big plans you guys had....well she might not feel like doing that now and really doesn't want to go into how severe her fatigue is or why she doesn't want to go. It'll be a challenge and a good sense of humor will help you both through a lot of it.

Good luck and God bless.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Welcome ImpossibleSoul. What a wonderful boyfriend your are.

MSW has helped me greatly and I'm looking forward to your post and hopefully hers also.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
            X