Question about CDR and Dr Visit Reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about CDR and Dr Visit Reasons

I just got my 2nd short CDR form and I remember stressing about my first one and here we are 3 years later and I'm stressing again. I noticed that the codes for my CDR are: 3400 and 2940 which are for MS and Neurocognitive Disorder...this time. Before, 2940 was for Organic Mental Disorder. And the reality is that if you look back at my Fully Favorable ruling and what I was approved disabled on, its: Multiple Sclerosis, Organic Mental Disorder, Depressive Disorder and Anxiety Disorder.

So, my question is on the Doctor Visits and dates. I haven't seen my MS Dr since November of 2016 and am not scheduled to see her til November of 2017. I've read that you are supposed to put down your dx code and visits. Before November 2016, I saw her in March 2016 and then September 2015, so I guess I could put those down, but I worry about their in-frequencies. I'm certainly not better, as I have pelvic pain issues that I've been dealing with for the past 2.5 years, that keep me from traveling longer than 20 minutes and my MS Dr, is 40 minutes one way. I don't want to add that in the remarks, though. Because while I have this awful pain, we have yet to figure out what is causing it. So, while I have been seeing LOADS of Dr for that...

Anyway, do you all think that if I put down my MS visits, that I should be fine. The Organic Mental Disorder...I have read what that is...but I don't really understand it. I do see a therapist regularly for the anxiety and depression, but since those didn't get a code on the CDR form, I am assuming they are null and void or? Otherwise, I could list my visits like this: Depression Anxiety 6/17, Depression Anxiety 6/17, Depression Anxiety 5/17 as I see them weekly.

What are your thoughts? I went through 2 denials and then a hearing before being approved the first time and my sanity couldn't handle a long form at this time.
    Thank you in advance.

Hi allofdark38

I'm sorry that I don't have any answers for you - but want to welcome you to MS World.

Hopefully someone will come along here with some thoughts about your situation.

Wishing you the best!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

cdr codes?

I am on my first CDR, but have a question, where do you find the codes on it?

Originally posted by allofdark38 View Post
      I just got my 2nd short CDR form and I remember stressing about my first one and here we are 3 years later and I'm stressing again. I noticed that the codes for my CDR are: 3400 and 2940 which are for MS and Neurocognitive Disorder...this time. Before, 2940 was for Organic Mental Disorder. And the reality is that if you look back at my Fully Favorable ruling and what I was approved disabled on, its: Multiple Sclerosis, Organic Mental Disorder, Depressive Disorder and Anxiety Disorder.

So, my question is on the Doctor Visits and dates. I haven't seen my MS Dr since November of 2016 and am not scheduled to see her til November of 2017. I've read that you are supposed to put down your dx code and visits. Before November 2016, I saw her in March 2016 and then September 2015, so I guess I could put those down, but I worry about their in-frequencies. I'm certainly not better, as I have pelvic pain issues that I've been dealing with for the past 2.5 years, that keep me from traveling longer than 20 minutes and my MS Dr, is 40 minutes one way. I don't want to add that in the remarks, though. Because while I have this awful pain, we have yet to figure out what is causing it. So, while I have been seeing LOADS of Dr for that...

Anyway, do you all think that if I put down my MS visits, that I should be fine. The Organic Mental Disorder...I have read what that is...but I don't really understand it. I do see a therapist regularly for the anxiety and depression, but since those didn't get a code on the CDR form, I am assuming they are null and void or? Otherwise, I could list my visits like this: Depression Anxiety 6/17, Depression Anxiety 6/17, Depression Anxiety 5/17 as I see them weekly.

What are your thoughts? I went through 2 denials and then a hearing before being approved the first time and my sanity couldn't handle a long form at this time.
      Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X