Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU deal with injection site LUMPS & BUMPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do YOU deal with injection site LUMPS & BUMPS?

I can't seem to stay on top of all the lumps and bumps from my injection sites. Shared Solutions tells me to massage them, but they seem to always be there. YIKES

How does everyone manage this?
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

I've been on Copaxone for 10 years now (wow, where did that time go?) and it sounds crazy but it works. As soon as the needle comes out, firmly press down on that little bump with your finger for 15-30 seconds. You will feel it going away. Then Benadryl cream. I don't have a lot of fat on my body and I can honestly say I have no permanent bumps under the skin. Give it a try and let us know how it's going.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Forgot to say, somewhere or someone told me not to massage the area.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
        I've been on Copaxone for 10 years now (wow, where did that time go?) and it sounds crazy but it works. As soon as the needle comes out, firmly press down on that little bump with your finger for 15-30 seconds...
        I do that too. On Copaxone since 2008. It helps. For injection site pain or itch, I use Arnica gel. You can get it at a health food store, or I order it online at amazon.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
          Forgot to say, somewhere or someone told me not to massage the area.Jen
          Cat MomThank you for your replies. Every time I call Shared Solutions they STRESS that I should massage the bumps. I don't have a large amount of fat but enough that the shots are 'doable'.
          Peace to all,
          LM

Comment

INJECTION DEPTH

Have you tried adjusting the needle depth? Having the right setting may help with your lumps and bumps. If it's too shallow, you'll get lumps. Did Shared Solutions give you any advice regarding setting your needle depth.
            As far as rubbing the site after an injection, I've always heard that it's not a good idea. Applying an ice pack afterwards may help. Also placing a warm pack on the injection site prior to actually injecting may help. Shared Solutions used to have these packs and would send them to their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
              Have you tried adjusting the needle depth? Having the right setting may help with your lumps and bumps. If it's too shallow, you'll get lumps. Did Shared Solutions give you any advice regarding setting your needle depth.As far as rubbing the site after an injection, I've always heard that it's not a good idea. Applying an ice pack afterwards may help. Also placing a warm pack on the injection site prior to actually injecting may help. Shared Solutions used to have these packs and would send them to their customers.
              Thanks its2much,I give my shots manually ONLY and have adjusted the angle like Shared Sol said. I don't rub site immediately after shot. I wait a minimum of 24 hrs before I do that. I have recently started heating the sites x5 min prior and icing site for 1 min after shot. Not sure it is really helping, but I will keep up the battle. I DID get the heating/icing packs from Shared Sol. They are nice.
              Peace to all,
              LM

Comment

Working...
              X