Exercise Check-In for 6/15/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 6/15/2017

Four people checked in this week. (I was not one of them.)

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goal. One made partial goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    --

OTHER:
    --

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't set a goal last week, since we had visitors. And, I didn't try to keep track of what I did. My exercise tracker (Garmin) would tell me how I did with steps, sort of, if I looked. But, I usually estimate extra steps that it doesn't record (ie: shopping, etc) and I didn't do that last week, so I won't bother to give a full report.

I did go to the Y yesterday (after they left to go home) and I went there to the pool once but didn't really get much exercise there. We also went camping; I stayed just one night instead of two, but I didn't have much physical activity there. Not sure if having little Micah here would have added steps to my daily routines or not.

Here are my goals for this coming week:
    One or both:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made my goal. Rode bike 3 days for 30 mins.

Mamabug, Glad you enjoyed your children and I'm sure you got a lot of exercise. Hope you enjoyed your camping trip, I will be camping this weekend.

Good Luck to everyone on meeting your goal.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi everyone

I made goal - walk/stand with rollator for 35 min, 3X daily.

Same goal for next week.

REG53 ~ Good job with your bike!

Have a good time this weekend!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

my goals

1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
          2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike once for 10 minutes

Thur - 2969 (PT)
          Fri - 4342 (Shopping)
          Sat - 3117 (Cut grass)
          Sun - 4815
          Mon - 3008 (Bike - 5 min)
          Tue - 2665 (PT)
          Wen - 4438

That means that I walked 3000 steps or more on 5 of 7 days, averaged 3622 steps a day and performed PT on 2 days. But I only did half of the bike goal . But in light of the other stuff going on around here I feel that I made my goals this week .

I will keep the same goals EXCEPT that I want to change the bike goal. New goal with bike is to ride for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
            That means that I walked 3000 steps or more on 5 of 7 days, averaged 3622 steps a day and performed PT on 2 days. But I only did half of the bike goal . But in light of the other stuff going on around here I feel that I made my goals this week
            msgijo

You got my vote for your goals being made, definitely!

Take Care
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Did get to have a long walk , about 1.5 hrs along a beach with my son being very nice about keeping to my pace
              And mowed yard .

But unfortunately haven't gotten any balanced or core things done.

Will try and go for a horse ride over this week with other son before he leaves for Europe .

If i plan much else , it will probably change due to things being a bit chaotic at present.

Congratulations to everyone who met goals and even for remembering to monitor your activities.
              I seem to have difficulty keeping on track.
              So i'm happy if i just 'do' things.

Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                So i'm happy if i just 'do' things.
                Hi Caroline

Doing things/moving around is the main objective.

Your hour-and-a-half walk and lawn mowing are excellent exercises.

Enjoy your horse riding with your son!

Take Care

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I made all my goals. I'm sorry to be so late in posting. The week just got away from me. Best of luck to all out there who continue to get those exercises done on a regular basis. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X