Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/15/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/15/17

Hi Everyone. Here we are again this week. It honestly seems like yesterday that I was writing this paragraph. I wish all the fathers out there Happy Fathers Day. I adored my father who in my eyes could do no wrong even when he would punish me which would be mostly letting me know that he was disappointed in me, a place where I did not want to be. My father did not say much but what he did say was relevant unlike my mother and who might go on and on. My father was a highly ethical man who would always follow his principles. He was a very handsome man and never a pound over weight until the day he died. Once when I was an adult and was home visiting he made a comment letting me know that I had gained some weight, not a lot but it inspired me to get my weight back under control. Too bad he isn’t here now. LOL

Thankfully I lost a pound this week. I truly tried to cut size of portions and it paid off. I now weigh 117 which is of course two pounds over my goal weight. My determination is heightened by this loss. I will try to lose between a half pound or a full pound this week.

Agate, remember staying the same is success. I know you want to lose a few more pounds and I am sure you will do just that. Keep the faith.

Mamabug, I hope you are having a great trip. It is good to get away from time to time. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope you are well and that we will see you soon. Blessings.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is well with you and your family. You are missed. Good luck with your success at losing. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, sorry about the gain but it happens to all of us including me as you can see from my recent history. It is true that maintaining for a period of time does give one the fantasy of being impervious to gaining. Get back on the horse.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Use a dash of cinnamon to give fruits such as bananas and melons a richer dessert feel without the sugar.”

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. Thank you Agate for being at least one member that did not gain. I am trusting that we will do better next week.

Total Gain:

4 pounds reported by two members. We must give ourselves credit for admitting the truth. I predict that we will see more than one plus side on the Loss column next week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3994.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 10 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Sorry I was MIA. I'm up 1.2 lbs from 213 to 214.2 this week. Not thrilled about this, but I am working on it! I've added a walk during my morning break at work to my routine again, so we do about 1 mile every morning. I'm enjoying that as well as playing volleyball and we just worked on our church's garden last night, so there even more activity!

I've signed the photography contract, so my first event will be coming up in July. I'm SO excited about this!

Its the last week of school for my girls and next week is the last week at my Hubby's school, so then we'll be settling into a summer routine. I think this means more sleep for everyone--except me!! But I'm going to work on that!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Gained 0.4 lbs

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post

Mamabug, I hope you are having a great trip. It is good to get away from time to time. Best wishes.
      Thanks! I had a great week. Not a trip this time, but visitors.

My daughter and her family were here. We had a great visit. I felt really blessed that we were able to observe 13-month0old Micah's early walking days. While he was here, he progressed from already walking 4 or 5 steps between adults to being able to toddle across a room or two. He could even pivot and change directions to go retrieve a toy or something. It was so much fun to be a part of that.

He also enjoyed standing at the piano and banging on the keys. I taught him to "sing" while he played, so he "la-la-la"-ed along with his banging.

Now for my weight report. I gained just a little, but I didn't eat carefully at all, so I'm surprised that it wasn't more.
      2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:
      06/15: 131.8 lbs
      06/01: 131.4 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

woohoo!

Been too busy to even think!
        It's been crazy, but I lost .9 lb since last check in which puts me at 135.1 which is 'normal' weight zone according to my Wii for my height. woohoo!

i still have a jiggly belly, so i'm going to keep slowly plugging along until i'm happy with my body weight. i'm quite pleased right now!

shrink, liked the tip, i love cinnamon! i'll have to remember to pull it out of the cabinet more often!

mamab, that's great about watching your grand walking! so fun! our 2nd is 8 mos. she'll take steps while holding fingers, but hasn't figured out crawling yet. Since they live with us, it's a little bittersweet. going to have to baby proof the whole house! yikes!

praying everyone has a blessed week!

poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I am back where I want to be - lost 2.2 pounds!

6-8 117.9
          6-15 115.7

Still in my goal range weight, so now I have to maintain this range.

Strange - I have always said that I would rather diet the rest of my life than to exercise. I mention that because even though I lost some weight this week I haven't done much 'exercise' this week . And I KNOW that if I want to firm up my abs I need to exercise.

poohb3ar - GREAT JOB !
          Funny - I lost a good bit of weight when I got my step-daughter (she was a little over a year old), and when people asked how they could lose weight like I did I always told them to get a 2 yo .

Faith - That was such a small gain that I am certain you will lose that and more in the coming week . And yeah it IS so easy to NOT pay attention to what we are eating when there are fun things going on. Good luck this week .

hsmaldo - could it be the fact that you aren't getting enough sleep that is keeping you from losing weight? You are certainly active enough to have lost tons by now . Anyhow, continue on with the battle and enjoy the new job.

Karen - GOOD LOSS! . Setting small goals - as you have done - works well. You know that it is do-able and so if anything you may end up pleasantly surprised to have lost more than the goal you set. Good luck with the portion control.

Agate - you maintained the same weight for so long then you gained a little. Maybe your body is just tired of 'dieting' and needs a shock to reset it? Thinking of all of the "tips" that promise to re-set your metabolism . Something else I heard recently is that 'fermented food' (pickles, sour kraut etc.) are good for us. A good thing because I love pickles.
          I have every confidence that you will get back to your former weight and even lower to the weight you want to be at .

Comment

I seem to have lost a pound. Down from 122 to 121.

Losing weight may be a bit easier for me now, when summer clothes that fit better last year are tight this season. I don't enjoy having buttons pop off.

msgijo, I think you're right. I've gone through phases like this before. In fact for a couple of years my weight was up to 127. Part of me rebels against the whole idea of dieting.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
            X