Closet Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closet Ideas?

Help! I have a walk in closet that I can no longer walk in! My wheelchair does not fit through the door. Does anyone have a suggestion for a stool with wheels that has wheels that lock? My thought is to transfer to a rolling stool and use my feet to get myself in, but I have not been able to find one that has wheels that lock. Or, does anyone have another suggestion? I sort of need to be able to access my clothes and I don't want to pile them up in my room!

Originally posted by Ellanor View Post
    Help! I have a walk in closet that I can no longer walk in! My wheelchair does not fit through the door. Does anyone have a suggestion for a stool with wheels that has wheels that lock? My thought is to transfer to a rolling stool and use my feet to get myself in, but I have not been able to find one that has wheels that lock. Or, does anyone have another suggestion? I sort of need to be able to access my clothes and I don't want to pile them up in my room!
    Hi Ellanor

The only thing that comes to mind is a small rollator walker with a seat.

I use a rollator that is 24" wide, with a seat, and it has brakes to lock the wheels. It fits well through all the doors in my small apartment.

That's all I can think of for now, but will keep your dilemma in mind and let you know if I find anything that would help.

Maybe other members will have some ideas too.

Good luck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you so much! I have tried my rollator, but my closet is long and narrow, and I was unable to turn myself around or reach the back end of the closet. I quess I need something that allows me to spin around. Who knew that having an accessible closet would be such an issue??!!

Comment

[
        Thank you again, KOKO! Your response got me thinking.....I ordered some locking casters to replace ones on an office chair. I can adjust the height and have the ability to lock them for safety and roll when I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellanor View Post
          [
          Thank you again, KOKO! Your response got me thinking.....I ordered some locking casters to replace ones on an office chair. I can adjust the height and have the ability to lock them for safety and roll when I need to.
          Good thinking, Ellanor!

I did find what are called "garden scooters" on Amazon, but they all looked awfully low for folks like us.

Hope your chair works out well!

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X