Denied after Evaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied after Evaluation

Hello...was given an evaluation from Social Security. Turned in latest neurologist reports, last Opthalmology report, and finally sent to an independent doctor of their choice. Received a letter stating my MS was not too severe and I could be gainfully employed. While that sounds wonderful...my vision is still impaired. I've been given until July to receive benefits as well as the medicare portion. I filed an appeal and am hoping my neurologist submitting a letter stating that my MS is ongoing... That they won't end benefits. *sigh* Is this normal for them to drop someone after an evaluation?
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

It's not normal for a disability recipient's benefits to be terminated following a review, but it does happen. If you remain symptomatic and your doctors are keeping you out of work, you should consider an appeal. Importantly, the SSA will often continue your benefits while you await a hearing if you file an appeal within 10 days of the denial. If you are then denied again at a hearing, you may be required to return these additional payments, but it can serve as an important lifeline as you are in the long wait for an appeal decision.

Good luck!
    Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Working...
    X