Approved for SSDI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved for SSDI?

I applied online in December 2016. I would go back in periodically and it always had a status of "processing". I called last week and the person in my local office said it had been approved (!) effective December and she wasn't sure why I hadn't received payments yet. She did some checking, note-taking, etc... and said I should get a letter in 7-10 business days. Should I believe that? I've read of so many others having issues getting approved. I'm 59 years old with MS for many years and my previous employer was trying to find a way to fire me (another issue altogether I know.)

I'm just hoping the person on the phone with Social Security really knew what she was talking about and not making a mistake.
    Take care, Wiz
    RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

My process was pretty clean.
    Hopefully you are keeping good notes.

Not sure of the definition of "approved effective December" - but...
    ...the award should be retro to your initial disability date.

Comment

I found out the same way. After seeing it was approved, it took 2 months for them to issue the internal correspondence to start payment.Hope you get the letter asap.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
        I found out the same way. After seeing it was approved, it took 2 months for them to issue the internal correspondence to start payment.Hope you get the letter asap.
        Thanks for sharing that, that gives me hope.

I can hold off for the money if I just get that letter. I went through a tough time leading up to leaving my job and for the past nine months feeling like I was in limbo all over again.
        Take care, Wiz

Comment

I still hadn't received a letter from social security so I called them again on Friday. Apparently the person I spoke to must have been lying to me. They show that my application is still pending, needing further information. Why would a person do something like that? Did it just look too complicated to her to investigate so she was just trying to get me off the phone? I don't get it. They sent me to an extension of a person in charge of my case so I left her a voicemail message. I won't hold my breath that she will get back to me. I'm so confused by everything right now.
          Take care, Wiz

Comment

That's really shameful and I would be blazing mad! Whenever I speak to someone from any office, anywhere, I ask for their name! I've been burnt before. Now I write down pertinent info and if it turns out to be conflicting info, I have this person's name to report.

I hope this gets resolved for you soon! How very frustrating...
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I log...
              - date
              - time
              - rep's name
              - call details
              ...so I'll have notes of every call.

Funny how so often they say the conversation is being recorded but they don't see to have one when you need to validate a call.

Frustrating indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X