Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Su Metcalfe in the UK thinks she is onto something for a cure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Su Metcalfe in the UK thinks she is onto something for a cure....

Normally, when friends or family send me information on how to cure my MS or tell me what is causing my MS I put on a smile and stop listening to them. However, I received a link today from a friend that took me to a very interesting article that came out this week in the UK. Here it is:

mirror.co.uk/science/brit-scientist-could-cure-multiple-

I don't know how credible this magazine/paper is but the article seemed to be legit. If her findings ARE good and they are able to move into clinical trials in 2020 I can see quite the line-up to participate in those trials! Anyway, read the article and see what you think. I'm interesting in hearing people's opinions on what Dr. Metcalfe thinks she's on to.
    Wendy
    "There are signs everywhere...."
    "Life is wasted if it's not lived as an adventure."

Originally posted by TheBeans View Post
    Normally, when friends or family send me information on how to cure my MS or tell me what is causing my MS I put on a smile and stop listening to them. However, I received a link today from a friend that took me to a very interesting article that came out this week in the UK. Here it is:

mirror.co.uk/science/brit-scientist-could-cure-multiple-

I don't know how credible this magazine/paper is but the article seemed to be legit. If her findings ARE good and they are able to move into clinical trials in 2020 I can see quite the line-up to participate in those trials! Anyway, read the article and see what you think. I'm interesting in hearing people's opinions on what Dr. Metcalfe thinks she's on to.
    Hi Wendy

Thanks for the promising info!

On the MS UK site, I found more on Dr Su Metcalfe and the research about LIF and nanoparticles.

http://www.ms-uk.org/could-lifnano-b...ment-ms-050617

I especially like the words safe, no drugs, and no side effects!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for the infor Wendy. If this really works, it would surely be a miracle.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I began investigating this 3 days ago and found that the story was designed to attract venture capitalist money. Look up the Barts MS blog . Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
          I began investigating this 3 days ago and found that the story was designed to attract venture capitalist money. Look up the Barts MS blog . Good luck
          Hi Jerry

Don't know if this treatment will work in people, but it did show CNS remyelination in rodents, and the complete study that was initially done appears in the National Institutes of Health, US National Library of Medicine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4429967/

Take Care
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I agree with you. No doubt this shows possibilities for advances in remyelination. I also think this is in the very early stages of experimentation. Something is afoot but I doubt anything will appear in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
              I agree with you. No doubt this shows possibilities for advances in remyelination. I also think this is in the very early stages of experimentation. Something is afoot but I doubt anything will appear in the near future.
              Jerry, I know what you mean. We've seen many articles about breakthroughs over the years, and some are never seen again.

We can only hope that this treatment comes about successfully sooner rather than later, since it's all about repair/replace the myelin and axons (which we need asap).

Take Care

Comment

I found an article online on multiple sclerosis news today website that explains a lot about this development. It says the the doctor hopes to get the clinical trials started around 2020. Good luck

:

Comment

Working...
                X