MS Hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Hug

I was just wondering whether anyone had had any success using medical marijuana to treat the hug?

I've had what my neuro thinks is the hug for the past three weeks and it just keeps on getting worse. I'm currently taking Paracetamol, Brufen, Gabapentin, Doxepin and today a doctor added Tramadol. None of these are working and I'm about at my wits end.

Marijuana is still illegal here and I've never tried it in my life, but I'm at that point ......

Hi Poppy, I have no experience with Marijuana at all, but wanted you to know that I am sorry that you are experiencing the dreaded "hug" (they should change the name) it does suck! I hope that the combination of meds start to work and that you get some relief soon.

Comment

Thanks Tia. It honestly scares me taking this cocktail. I worry about what long term damage it's doing to my liver and kidneys.

My regular GP is away so will have to wait until he gets back to have a serious discussion about what I can take going forward - I'm wondering whether Baclofen or Diazepam, or something along those lines might be better than the Tramadol as this makes me feel like a drunk.

Comment

You should definitely be taking baclofen, it usually works well, with less side affects.

Comment

My GP isn't back until early July, so have made an appointment for Thursday with another one in the practice whom I trust, and will ask for Baclofen.

Comment

Hi,
            My 'hug" gets a lot worse the more tired/fatigued i am. It can be unbearable.
            I have always found a combo of Diazepam and Polaramine (antihistamine) helps with the spasticity and to get a good nights sleep and so it helps overal as well.
            I only took Baclofen for a short time . Didn't seem to help and had a hang over.
            Good luck,
            Caroline

Comment

Thanks Caroline.
              Will Add Diazepam and Polaramine to my list of drugs to talk to the GP about. I'm still trying to work at the moment as I started a new job on Monday, and am finding one of the things that really makes it worse is that instrument of torture called an underwire bra . Where I work I really can't get away with not wearing one unfortunately.

Comment

I'll let you in to one of my secrets.... i've been taking the underwire out for years...
                I prefer the shape , design and fit of these bras verses a soft sportsy bra but can't handle the wire against my ribs, so this makes it more comfy and still has pretty much the same support. ( Not that I have much to support ) I am just not some one who gets dressed without adequate underwear so this has worked for me.
                Caroline.

Comment

Duh, why didn't I think of removing the underwire. So easy.

I went to my GP yesterday and was given Orphenadrine. I'd never heard of this but it's apparently a muscle relaxant. I took a dose before bed last night and slept really well. I was a wee bit dizzy when I woke up, but nothing too serious.

I made the mistake this morning of thinking that things were improving so took minimal drugs before I went to work. By lunch time, boy oh boy was I regretting that decision. It took Paracetamol, Ibuprofen and Tramadol to get things back under control. However, I did and proved to myself where I'm at, at the moment.

Comment

No matter what we are trying to keep in check , we do seem to work out a regime that suits us over time . So hopefully it wont take long for you to sort out something that works for you.

Comment

I realize you´re in another country, but if you can get ahold of Hanes bras, model HG510 looks like an underwire, but does not have the wire. It would work up to a size C cup. Very, very comfortable- called the Hanes Concealing Wireless Petals bra. Costs $11.50 on-line.

I did not take meds for the hug and it eventually went away- I had/have lesions on the thoracic spinal cord and I think that is where it comes from.

Comment

Spanx

I have had the MS hug constantly for about 8 years now. I'm a Realtor so I do need to wear a bra. Spanx makes a bra, it has a wire but I take it out, that has the most comfortable band around the chest. It's the only bra I can tolerate. I use that term very loosely. Somedays its still unbearable. I live in Oregon so I can use medical marijuana instead of all these rxs drs try to put me on. I'm still always looking for a miracle bra that doesn't aggravate the Hug so much. Still looking though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
                          I was just wondering whether anyone had had any success using medical marijuana to treat the hug?

I've had what my neuro thinks is the hug for the past three weeks and it just keeps on getting worse. I'm currently taking Paracetamol, Brufen, Gabapentin, Doxepin and today a doctor added Tramadol. None of these are working and I'm about at my wits end.

Marijuana is still illegal here and I've never tried it in my life, but I'm at that point ......
                          It's a shame that other men can have a say, based on their morals, about what you or I can ingest to provide relief. The research is out there and it shows how effective MJ is.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...e+sclerosis%22
                          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                            It's a shame that other men can have a say, based on their morals, about what you or I can ingest to provide relief. The research is out there and it shows how effective MJ is.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...e+sclerosis%22
                            It's the only thing that gives me relief. I've had the Ms hug for for about 7 years. Yes, that's not a mistype. I've been on every rx out there. The only other thing that helped was Soma. I can't get my neurologist, or any other dr. for that matter, prescribe it for me anymore. It really just knocked me out. At least now with mj I can still function if need be. Hope this helps Boudreaux!

Comment

Stop Hugging Me

I have started having spasms in my chest. It's been about a year now. I hate Dr.'s but I think it's time to bite the bullet. Does anyone else have swelling? I believe I have Tietze as well and between the two I have been in a lot of pain.

I don't want to take pills, looking for something more natural that does not kill brain cells.. I start my masters degree in a minute so I need to save as many brain cells as possible.
                              limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Working...
                              X