Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limbo might be over soon

Well, limbo might be over soon.

Twice I've been hospitalized. Symptoms have included, brain fog, concentration and memory problems, difficulty walking the first time. In between the hospital visits I had another time kick in with symptoms but add in some tremors. I thought I was crazy so I didn't seek treatment. Then a few months ago I had another bout of symptoms and the wife basically forced me to go to the hospital. This time around add in this pain that feels like it shoots up my spine into my neck kind of. Also fatigue, big time. Just always tired, and especially my legs feel weak. I have to take short steps to find my footing.

This stuff is weird. I'll feel perfectly fine and then I'll go like a week or two with all of this going on. The itchy, pins and needles seem to be hanging around.

I've moved a few times in the past 3 years so I've had trouble getting a neurologist. I finally got one. He is concerned about ms, but wants new MRIs done before we talk too much. So I have an appointment with our imaging center to get neck, brain, and spine done. Last pictures I was able to get to my doc from another doc were taken in 2015. They showed several spots of non-specific white matter. The Neuro said they were taken at a lower magnetic weight or something, so this time he's ordering stronger pictures from how he made it sound to look closer into these non-specific spots to try to see what exactly is going on in there.

Hopefully next month when I go back to neuro I'll finally have some answers.

Hello Falcon81 and welcome to MSWorld

I do hope you have answers coming soon. However, MS isn't always easy to diagnosis Many other conditions, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, some medications, and mental health problems. All of those other things need to be ruled out as part of the diagnostic criteria.
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...ns-to-Rule-Out

Please feel free to ask questions and let us know what you find out.

Take care!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I sure have learned it can take a long time to diagnose. I've had all sorts of other blood work done. Dr said I've had everything tested short of these new scans and a spinal tap.

Comment

Let's hope it is a quick diagnosis, like you I am nearly out of limbo. It's been a long journey. I have good days and bad days. On good days, i forget I am sick. On bad days, I shake my fist at the sky and want to scream at the people who wear flip flops in the store and load their carts with bad food. ( and can walk, and have a great life till the heart attack comes)

Good luck and much love,

L

Comment

Working...
        X