NATURAL REMEDY FOR NAUSEA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NATURAL REMEDY FOR NAUSEA?

Just finished looking thru the boards here, and didn't find any topic like this. I am having bad nausea (from pain meds I am on currently) and have tried PEPPERMINT and am on Zofran, but the pills are almost out and my insurance is no longer paying for Zofran (unless the person is on Chemotherapy).

PLEASE SHARE things that have been effective for yourself or someone you know. I am certain I am not the only one who would like some ideas. I can not get marijuana so that is not an option for me.
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Try ginger tea. I used to get car sick and I'd drink that or ginger ale. Hope the nausea is short lived as you adjust to the medication.

good old soda crackers with the drink also helps.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Are you able to get any of the OTC sea sickness remedies as these are quite good for nausea due to other things also?

Not sure what you're able to buy OTC in your part of the world, but over here you can get quite a few of them without a prescription and they aren't outrageously expensive.

Best wishes

Poppy

Comment

I agree my nausea is relieved with ginger tea. I personally prefer natural remedies over OTC products, Good Luck!!

Comment

Thank you Amy, Poppy & Seasha for your great replies. I have been using Peppermint discs to help with my nausea because they USUALLY work. I will try some Ginger Ale, as I have drank it in the past (for a hangover when I was MUCH younger) so I know I can stomach it, but the Ginger Tea is something I am not quite ready for. I have tasted it in the past and it was NOT enjoyable for my taste. Poppy, I have pondered some of the OTC meds. The liquid ones are a "no go" because just the act of TAKING them makes me gag (I feel like a whimp).
          Peace to all,
          LM

Comment

Hi,
            I found Ginger capsules easier to cope with and worked better than other forms.
            All the best
            Caroline

Comment

Cancer and AIDS patients have used marijuana with good results for decades.
              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Thank you Caroline, I may give those a try. Mark thanks for your reply. I would LOVE to be able to AFFORD to use MJ (I am in a state where I could get a card for its use, but it is cost prohibitive, since insurance won't cover it).
                Peace to all,
                LM

Comment

Originally posted by Fishytrout View Post
                  (I am in a state where I could get a card for its use, but it is cost prohibitive, since insurance won't cover it).
                  Does your state allow patients to grow their own? In CA I think you can grow 6 plants for your own use.
                  1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                  NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Have you tried candied ginger or licorice tablets ? I think these products are available in vitamin stores, OTC . Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X