Storage Temperature of Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage Temperature of Copaxone

If you take Copaxone out of the refrigerator but put it back in a couple of hours later, will it still be good for over 30days?
    Refrigerator temp is 50 degrees (wasn't earlier today). Just lowered the temp in refrigerator but wonder if that 50 degree temperature is a problem.

Originally posted by its2much View Post
    If you take Copaxone out of the refrigerator but put it back in a couple of hours later, will it still be good for over 30days?
    First, the Copaxone prescribing information says that room temperature Copaxone (59 to 86 degrees) is good for UP TO 30 days, not OVER 30 days.
    Originally posted by its2much View Post
    Just lowered the temp in refrigerator but wonder if that 50 degree temperature is a problem.
    Considering that the Copaxone prescribing information says that Copaxone can be held between 59 and 86 degrees for up to 30 days -- which is 720 hours -- how much difference can only 2 hours out of 720 at only 50 degrees -- significantly below what Copaxone considers to be room temperature -- make?

If the prescribing information isn't definitive enough, you might try going to the next best official source and call Copaxone's 24/7 support line and ask the nurse. It will be interesting to see what the Copaxone support folks say.

Comment

First, the Copaxone prescribing information says that room temperature Copaxone (59 to 86 degrees) is good for UP TO 30 days, not OVER 30 days.

Considering that the Copaxone prescribing information says that Copaxone can be held between 59 and 86 degrees for up to 30 days -- which is 720 hours -- how much difference can only 2 hours out of 720 at only 50 degrees -- significantly below what Copaxone considers to be room temperature -- make?

If the prescribing information isn't definitive enough, you might try going to the next best official source and call Copaxone's 24/7 support line and ask the nurse. It will be interesting to see what the Copaxone support folks say.

When Copaxone is delivered, the package indicates in bold, large letters to refrigerate immediately upon arrival so it seems that just a few hours or so might be a problem. I've always received a cold package as the Copaxone is packed in styrofoam with several ice packs.
      Shared Solutions is closed from 8pm Friday until 8am Monday each weekend (and probably this weekend until 8am Tuesday due to Memorial Day). You can only leave a voicemail.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Called Shared Solutions on this just yesterday and thought I would post what they said. They told me shots are good at AMBIENT/room temp for 30 days. (temp must be below 84 degrees)
        Peace to all,
        LM
        RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Working...
        X