ZINBRYTA Who is on it/has heard of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZINBRYTA Who is on it/has heard of it?

Was just reading up on the new subcutaneous once a month shot called ZINBRYTA.

Wanting to hear those who are on it, or were in the Clinical Trials. It is very interesting to me.

PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW.

Many thanks
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

I've never been on Zinbryta, but I do know some about its history. Daclizumab was originally sold as Zenapax, an immunosuppressant meant as an anti-rejection drug for kidney transplant patients. One of my docs was considering it for me off-label right before the manufacturer took it off the market.

It was taken off the market only because there are more effective drugs available for anti-rejection and it wasn't selling well, so the manufacturer found another use for it. And now it's called Zinbryta and approved for RRMS.

Sort of like after a couple of people died in the clinical trial of alemtuzumab for rheumatoid arthritis, the manufacturer realized that people with RA weren't willing to risk death and it probably wouldn't sell well. So they found another use for it. And now it's called Lemtrada and approved for RRMS.

The repurposing of these meds demonstrates that immunosuppression can be effective in treating MS. But they're both heavy-duty meds, and a person who chooses one of them has to be prepared for the possibility of serious side effects. Zinbryta has a black box warning about the danger of severe liver damage and other immune-mediated disorders.

Comment

My Experience with Zinbryta

Originally posted by Fishytrout View Post
      Was just reading up on the new subcutaneous once a month shot called ZINBRYTA.

Wanting to hear those who are on it, or were in the Clinical Trials. It is very interesting to me.

PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW.

Many thanks
      I just did my 4th injection two nights ago. While this drug has been better than others with side effects, there are still some. It wipes me out for about a day and a half. It seems like about 3ish hours after the injection my body sort of feels stiff, like one big tired ache. That part lasts the whole evening, then I just feel exhausted after that. I wouldn't call it flu-like symptoms, but more like when you are getting over the flu and you still feel weak. I do the injection on a Thursday evening and try to take Friday off from work to take it easy.
      So far so good. Definitely manageable.

Comment

Working...
      X