High Doseage Biotin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Doseage Biotin

Went to neuro appt . recently . Originally dx was PPMS but learned its SPMS . considering entering a study using high dosage Biotin . Most info from forum is at least 2 yrs old . Any recent pros and cons about Biotin . Thanks .

Originally posted by rbnhd21 View Post
    Went to neuro appt . recently . Originally dx was PPMS but learned its SPMS . considering entering a study using high dosage Biotin . Most info from forum is at least 2 yrs old . Any recent pros and cons about Biotin . Thanks .
    I've read about this too, but I can't figure out how to access high doses. It would be so expensive, and you would have to take so many pills, if you just get the kind they sell at regular pharmacies. Even tried a compound pharmacy, and they can't do anything nearly as strong as the stuff that is recommended for a reasonable price.

Comment

There was a lot of conversation on this board last year. I suggest that you search for this topic, right here ! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by rbnhd21 View Post
        Hi rbnhd21

Here is a fairly recent (May 17 2017) article from the National MS Society about the high-dose biotin (MD1003) clinical trials:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...ing-for-St-(2)

I think we'll have better info on the pros and cons of high-dose biotin when the Phase III(?) trial results are made available.

MD1003 uses a pharmaceutical grade high-dose biotin, with other components. Not sure if regular compound pharmacies can replicate the same, so anectdotal pros/cons from others might not be accurate?

In any case, good luck if you decide to participate!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X