notice of FMLA/STD TO boss/manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreagan70 View Post
    You are reading it right. And that's exactly my point.

I don't need it explained to me. I already knew that because I've read and understand the law and applicable DOL documentation.

My point is that everyone should read official documentation about a law or policy for themselves to find out what it actually says, and not speculate and start rumors about what they think something might mean based on something that someone else said, which might or might not even be correct.

Apparently, you even speculated about what I said, inferring something that I didn't even say or imply. I never said or implied that 30 days notice is required for FMLA leave, or that the OP's explanation was completely correct.

I said, "The 30 days advance notice is explained in the guide." And it is. And what the guide explains is when it does and doesn't apply, and that the OP's explanation was not entirely correct. And you found that out by reading it yourself after incorrectly speculating earlier. Which is, again, the point of my post.

So my caution to everyone is: Read important information yourself. Speculate -- and believe speculation -- at your own risk.
    Hi jreagan

I just reread your post and you are right - I should have read more carefully what you had written.

Sorry about that!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

STD is approved

Originally posted by brave View Post
      Thank you all for your support
      I work for big company , policies are published on internal site
      I try my best to follow

I saw my neurologist 3 days ago and he gave me a note to go on leave for 3 months

I sent notice to my manager and filed claim with administrator

FMLA requires 30 days advance notice with some exception

Neuro wanted me to let him know if any issue with advance notice

I have been under this neuro care for 18 yrs
      He has all records and history of my progress
      And extend of my disability

I was the one weekly dragged myself insisting to work ntil drained fully

My claim is in process

I keep u posted

Thanks again
      Hi
      I'm approved for STD and FMLA.

Interesting that my claim was approved , before neuro sent the medical documents !!
      Could it be my employer trying to fast forward the process ??
      On insurance provider site says " claimstatus : approved. Comment :external feed"

Comment

Working...
      X