Been thrown into the deep end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been thrown into the deep end

Hi there,My name is Lessa I'm a 27 year old woman living in the Greater Toronto area with my wife, our two Sphynx cats, and two German Shepherds. My Shepherd is my service dog as for the past two years I've had an "unknown" illness that has taken my mobility, and a few other things.Apparently, it's MS, and so I'll be going for more confirmation testing to find out what type , how agressive and what treatment will help me life the best life possible.

I can't say that I'm not scared. I am, but I'm relieved to finally know what's wrong with me and that it's not all in my head (well...kinda hrmmm). I know no one with this ailment, and so I'm just looking for a support group, to make this isolation a bit easier.My wife is a saint, she helps me and often reminds me I'm not able to do certain things and to cut it out before I hurt myself, pass out, or fall over. Or all of the above..heh.I'm a stubborn gal, and I'm not gonna give up, I'll fight this beast until the bitter end, my friends have said they'll donate to MS charities more frequently to help find a cure, and they rally beside me.

I'm not able to work with how hard and fast this hit me, so often I'm bored at home, though I try to enjoy the outdoors.I play video games, write, read, collect comics and adorable things, and various other things. Currently debating B12 injections as how we started investigating for MS and demylenating diseases is no matter what my B12 levels are critically low unless I take an obnoxious amount. We tested my wife to see if she had issues with B12 to see if it was environmental, and when it came back not, we began to investigate nerves, spinal fluid, brain, etc.

I'm pretty disabled, having to use a cane, walker or wheelchair most of the time (sometimes I can walk unassisted!!!), and my brain has a bad habit of forgetting words (like yesterday I couldn't remember the word counter to tell my wife where.my cup was. Gah!), Or just making me sound like I'm drunk (garbled words anyone?) and my already less than stellar vision has gotten worse, but I'm hopeful and positive that treatment will help slow the progress, and maybe send me into remission.Until then, I live life from a comfy place to rest, or over do it. So hi all!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Welcome, Lessa!

Sorry to hear about your MS, but you've found the right place.

I'm usually in the chat (button next to "Message Boards") so feel free to stop in. Usually 8pm EST is the best time to meet others.

If you need support or just to talk for a few with people that "get it", stop on in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lessapained View Post
      Hi there,My name is Lessa I'm a 27 year old woman living in the Greater Toronto area with my wife, our two Sphynx cats, and two German Shepherds. My Shepherd is my service dog as for the past two years I've had an "unknown" illness that has taken my mobility, and a few other things.Apparently, it's MS, and so I'll be going for more confirmation testing to find out what type , how agressive and what treatment will help me life the best life possible.

I can't say that I'm not scared. I am, but I'm relieved to finally know what's wrong with me and that it's not all in my head (well...kinda hrmmm). I know no one with this ailment, and so I'm just looking for a support group, to make this isolation a bit easier.My wife is a saint, she helps me and often reminds me I'm not able to do certain things and to cut it out before I hurt myself, pass out, or fall over. Or all of the above..heh.I'm a stubborn gal, and I'm not gonna give up, I'll fight this beast until the bitter end, my friends have said they'll donate to MS charities more frequently to help find a cure, and they rally beside me.

I'm not able to work with how hard and fast this hit me, so often I'm bored at home, though I try to enjoy the outdoors.I play video games, write, read, collect comics and adorable things, and various other things. Currently debating B12 injections as how we started investigating for MS and demylenating diseases is no matter what my B12 levels are critically low unless I take an obnoxious amount. We tested my wife to see if she had issues with B12 to see if it was environmental, and when it came back not, we began to investigate nerves, spinal fluid, brain, etc.

I'm pretty disabled, having to use a cane, walker or wheelchair most of the time (sometimes I can walk unassisted!!!), and my brain has a bad habit of forgetting words (like yesterday I couldn't remember the word counter to tell my wife where.my cup was. Gah!), Or just making me sound like I'm drunk (garbled words anyone?) and my already less than stellar vision has gotten worse, but I'm hopeful and positive that treatment will help slow the progress, and maybe send me into remission.Until then, I live life from a comfy place to rest, or over do it. So hi all!
      Hi Lessa

Welcome!

Hope you find helpful information and support here at MS World!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi and welcome,
        Sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words currently stuck to mobile as where we are doesn't have internet, but when we do get net I'll join in on the chat!

Comment

[QUOTE=Lessapained;1502004]Hi there,My name is Lessa I'm a 27 year old woman living in the Greater Toronto area with my wife, our two Sphynx cats, and two German Shepherds. My Shepherd is my service dog ...] Hi Lessapained. Hope you can get some helpful feedback. It sounds like you have some great personal support from your wife and friends. So refreshing to hear. Keep going to ALL and EVERY things that give you inner peace and lift your spirits.
            Peace to all,
            LM
            RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

I, too, welcome you. Please write often so we can get to know you. I feel sad to hear that your MS had to progress so far before you got a diagnosis. There have been many other similar stories from Canadians.

One thing you could do in your spare time is become an advocate for MS in your country. The healthcare system you have is wonderful but MS seems to be a low priority. With all the treatments available now, anyone with troubling symptoms should get an MRI so they can start fighting this thing.

You sound like a strong lady. Just remember, you are not alone.

Comment

Hello neighbour

Hey Lessa

we're neighbours - I live in Kitchener.

I don't have a diagnosis yet but am starting again after symptoms started up again after about a 15 year hiatus.

I'm hoping the process will be easier now than it was then.

Best wishes for you to to get some info & treatments to help with your symptoms

Jo

Comment

Working...
                X