Nobody Told Me There Would be Days Like This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody Told Me There Would be Days Like This

OK, I'm in year 12 so there's a few big things MS has dealt me that I've learned to live with, make accommodations for so this is so minor by comparison, especially for some of you who break my heart with your suffering so I apologize for sounding petty.

There are lots of days where nothing I wear is comfortable. It feels like the top, so I change the top, only to have to change it again. This goes on with most of my clothes, even my underwear! Sometimes I put on a pair of pants that feels ok but have to change my "smalls" because they're annoying under those pants, only to have to change again. This even happens with my hair, I put it up, take it down, put half of it up... etc. This can go on for a couple of hours before I find something comfortable.

Anyone else have struggles like these or am I the odd one? Whew, thanks for letting me get that out.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
    OK, I'm in year 12 so there's a few big things MS has dealt me that I've learned to live with, make accommodations for so this is so minor by comparison, especially for some of you who break my heart with your suffering so I apologize for sounding petty.

There are lots of days where nothing I wear is comfortable. It feels like the top, so I change the top, only to have to change it again. This goes on with most of my clothes, even my underwear! Sometimes I put on a pair of pants that feels ok but have to change my "smalls" because they're annoying under those pants, only to have to change again. This even happens with my hair, I put it up, take it down, put half of it up... etc. This can go on for a couple of hours before I find something comfortable.

Anyone else have struggles like these or am I the odd one? Whew, thanks for letting me get that out.
    Jen
    Hi Cat Mom

I moved this thread out of the SSDI forum. Not sure if this is where you originally wanted it to be, but it was the nearest forum.

If you want it moved elsewhere, let us know. Thanks.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I don't know if this is a secretive symptom but interesting. If I had time I might do this, too. I'm always late and lay out what I'm going to wear the day before so there are no decisions to make.

It might be that you are truly uncomfortable. You could take stock of your wardrobe and everything that doesn't feel right put in one pile. Everything that you love put in another. You might need to think about what doesn't feel right in pile number one and what you really love about pile number two.

Then take the clothes you love and try them on with you hair up or down etc. certain styles styles look and feel better with our hair different ways.

I have given up on fashion and opted for comfort across the board. My body has so many things wrong with it what I can wear is very limited.

You've been living with MS for 12 years. Be comfortable.👙👠👢👒👗👣

Comment

Working...
      X