Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting!!

Hi,
    I'm 33 years old and mum to 2 children. I have been getting symptoms in a relapsing remitting way, but 11 months ago I had a relapse and it's just remained and more and more symptoms present.
    Finally got a neurologist appointment after a battle with the doctors and I saw him on weds, he says symptoms do suggest MS and Im having an mri next weds. Feel like im living in limboland. Anyone else in my situation?

Hello and welcome!! Many of us who are now diagnosed with MS were in the land of limbo first! The diagnosis can take awhile and be a roller coaster of emotions! Hang in there! There is a forum here titled limbo landers and it is filled with others stories and processes of Limbo! I wish you all the best of luck and hope you find out answers soon!

Comment

Hi, and welcome to MS world! You are in no way alone. Like the last poster said, check out the Limbo landers board, but you are not yet in that category. When you get your MRI, you may get a clear answer with no further testing. At that point you will either be diagnosed or be given more testing for one of the other mimickers of MS. It takes a while and at that point you will be placed in limbo. So for now, you have it just right, you are waiting. You can still post in the limb board about your symptoms and timeline there as many of us, have been through it and can give good advice, as well as peers going through the waiting game for support.

When you get your MRI done, if the Dr. calls you within the first couple of days, it generally means they have found a reason for your symptoms, if not and you don't hear from them until the next appointment, it most likely means you are OK.

Good luck and we are all here with you through this process.

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X