Old member making a comeback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old member making a comeback.

Haven't been active for many years on site. 60 yo married female with 2 adult children, 4 grandchildren and supportive husband. Feelings of depression, anxiety and isolation are at their peak right now. Decision making is so difficult. Supposed to make a mini trip to my ds's and then to visit my sister. Just the thought of preparation to go is stifling me. I am on the verge of canceling trip and staying in my comfort zone but that makes me feel weak and out of control. Can anyone understand? Empathize?

Definitely Lily,

Most of us have periods of its all too much and we just want to pull our heads in like a turtle and make the world go away.
    I have been going out into the world less and less and feel at times almost agoraphobic.

Especially when we 'have' to go for "ANOTHER" doctors apt. My life seems to have revolved around these apts for so long that I just -WANT TO STOP!
    and packing/preparing for a trip is so exhausting and involves so much extra to do that any potential enjoyment is often lost and i feel like it isn't worth the effort.

So yes I do empathise and feel for you. I hope talking about how you are feeling has helped.
    Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
      Definitely Lily,

Most of us have periods of its all too much and we just want to pull our heads in like a turtle and make the world go away.
      I have been going out into the world less and less and feel at times almost agoraphobic.

Especially when we 'have' to go for "ANOTHER" doctors apt. My life seems to have revolved around these apts for so long that I just -WANT TO STOP!
      and packing/preparing for a trip is so exhausting and involves so much extra to do that any potential enjoyment is often lost and i feel like it isn't worth the effort.

So yes I do empathise and feel for you. I hope talking about how you are feeling has helped.
      Caroline
      Your words of understanding mean so much. Thank you Caroline!

Comment

Hi Lily and welcome back. Yes, I can understand and empathize. Depression, I've been there, anxiety, I have often and going on a trip (which I do every year) I start dreading it and I get so overwhelmed but always happy I went.

I take an AD ea. day and I take Xanax when needed.

I know you will get some joy from seeing your family and I hope you feel better soon.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by Lily View Post
          Haven't been active for many years on site. 60 yo married female with 2 adult children, 4 grandchildren and supportive husband. Feelings of depression, anxiety and isolation are at their peak right now. Decision making is so difficult. Supposed to make a mini trip to my ds's and then to visit my sister. Just the thought of preparation to go is stifling me. I am on the verge of canceling trip and staying in my comfort zone but that makes me feel weak and out of control. Can anyone understand? Empathize?
          I also left and just returned. I find myselfntyrnong down so much that is offered, not that its not inviting.

The thought of having to get dressed is enough for me to decline.
          Diagnosed 2006, RRMS.

Comment

I also understand! I have a very busy schedule with my husband, teens and grandchildren. I love them very much, but there are times more often these days that I am overwhelmed. It takes me so long to get things done, not just physically, but the mental effort and focus are what exhaust me.

I still have days where the old me comes out to play and I enjoy it so much, but also reminds me how difficult my day to day struggles are. I manage to cover the essentials but that uses up my mind power, my drive, I keep working, but almost in circles. Frustrating!

I am also tired at the end of it all and extra activities seem like more work than fun, but i'm usually pleased with myself if I go, if for no other reason that it's crossed off my list.

Hang in there!

Comment

Oh Lilly, I am so sorry you are going thru all this. I am a returning "oldie" too. Is there any way you CAN stay in your comfort zone? You need to do just a LITTLE each day, to get ready, and NOT take on the ENTIRE trip-preparation by yourself. I hope you are able to do well with all this. It can certainly be taxing.

MANY hugs to you
              Peace to all,
              LM
              RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Hi Lily,
                Was wondering how you got on?
                You may not be back yet but just thought i'd check.
                Caroline

Comment

Hi Lily, welcome back. There are ups and downs that’s how life works. Anxiety and Depression is sometimes killing me like termite from inside. Hope you feel better soon

Comment

Working...
                  X