Look, I am having an awful time with Tecfidera,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, I am having an awful time with Tecfidera,

I was fine on Tysabri but my JC virus titer was too high. I am ready to stop everything. Is there hope?

Thanks

Hi Teddy and welcome! I really can't help you as I don't have any experience with Tec. Just wanted to let you know, I'm sorry about your problems. Do talk to your Dr (neuro) about other meds you might want to switch to. Plenty of others to choose from.

You also might want to read up on other's experiences with Tec in the Tecfidera sub forum to see what other's say and tips to help you- http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...?125-Tecfidera

Hope you feel better!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Teddy:

What other meds have you been on? Why are you ready to give up? Have you been keeping up with the latest research and developments in MS treatment meds? The three top options for you are Gilenya, Ocrevus, and Lemtrada.

Comment

Hi Teddy,
        I'm sorry you're having problems, but you're not specific as to what those problems are currently. I had problems with flushing and the stomach noises. My neuro was insistent that I take it with protein. So, I eat or have a protein shake before I take it and it helps. I've been on Tec for about 2 1/2 years now. The stomach noises weren't a comfort issue, just loud gurgles lol. The flushing could be intense to start, but gradually went away over the first year as I recall and only rarely pop up now. The Ocrevus sounds good and I intend to ask my neuro about it at my upcoming appointment. I wish you well.

Comment

Hi Teddy,
          I can tell you about my recent experience. Maybe it will help you out. I hope it does. I was on Tecfidera for about 3 years. My neurologist felt that it wasn't doing anything for me and my condition was worsening. He asked me if I wanted to do the Lemtrada infusions.
          I did the infusions in January of this year, 2017. I had no side effects. Today, I feel better than I have felt in 7 years, since I was diagnosed in 2010! I think my neurologist has been using Lemtrada on his patients who can no longer benefit from Tysabri. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X