Service companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service companies

Could someone please kindly remind me of the names of several of those service companies who will file for you to get disability? Thank you.

Feeling broken.
    ---------------
    "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Allsup is the one I am familiar with. I didn't use them, so no first hand knowledge. My LTD company had engaged them to work on my SSDI appeal. But since I had hired an attorney to work on the SSDI appeal before my LTD was approved, I couldn't use them.

Good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Allsup is a for-profit disability insurance company. Not sure about the costs. I filed on my own without an attorney, so I was lucky. It took a lot of hard work, concentration and attention to details on my part however, so you might not want to go that route.

Good luck!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I need lots of help

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Allsup is a for-profit disability insurance company. Not sure about the costs. I filed on my own without an attorney, so I was lucky. It took a lot of hard work, concentration and attention to details on my part however, so you might not want to go that route.

Good luck!
        So Allsup could file application on my behalf? I'm bedridden 24/7 and have no assistant, only have use of one hand and arm, I can't even sit up. I need someone to do it for me.
        ---------------

Comment

RockysMom,

Here's the link to Allsup https://www.allsup.com/
          They give a phone number to call at the top, so that would be your best bet. I'm sure they will answer all your questions. You might ask them if they have a representative in your area who will come to your house. Of course, you will want to explain your circumstances.

Hoping for the best for you

Comment

Thank you!!

I went to their site and started filling out their stuff for getting the process started. It said I had a highly likely chance to get approved. I will finish the questionnaire over the weekend. I'm hopeful. Their website is much friendlier than it used to be.

However I was concerned about this website here, msworld, when I first logged in after a while, it had my profile showing my full name? I do not want anyone who is registered here to be able to see my identity! What's up with that? I know this is the wrong place to ask but I don't have the wherewithal to correct it. Appreciate any help with this question.
            ---------------

Comment

Good to hear that you started the process online!

About your problem with your name showing up, there is a way to change this.

- At the black bar running across the top of the page, you will see your username.
              - Click on your name - a drop down menu will appear.
              - Click on Settings.
              - On a new page, along the left hand side go to My Settings.
              - Choose Edit Profile. There you can delete your name.

Keep us posted on how the SSDI filing goes!

Comment

I used Allsup - since applying for SSDI was a condition of my LTD coverage the provider offered it and covered the cost. I filled out the online forms and I worked with them on the phone never meeting anyone in person. Allsup even did all the SSA follow ups instructing me to notify them if any inquiries came from SSA and they would handle it.

My application was approved without a rejection/appeal. They were really, really good to work with.

Comment

Thank you

Seasha and pb909!

Yes I am very hopeful. pb909 how long did it take for you?
                  ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by RockysMom View Post

Yes I am very hopeful. pb909 how long did it take for you?
                    It was about 4 months from my first contact with Allsup to SSA/SSDI approval - which was retroactive back to my original disability date and they paid me a lump sum (which in-turn created an over-payment of LTD that I had to payback to the provider but that's another story!)

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
                      It was about 4 months from my first contact with Allsup to SSA/SSDI approval - which was retroactive back to my original disability date and they paid me a lump sum (which in-turn created an over-payment of LTD that I had to payback to the provider but that's another story!)
                      Thank you pb909. I'm having a hard time pinning down my disability date. I left my job because it was so toxic and was badly aggravating my MS at onset. I could have gone out on disability then but they were harassing me so bad, I just quit to get away from there (ironically the company got into federal legal trouble after that for spying on their employees plus some illegal financial shenanigans). I had PPMS at onset but was knocked down to RRMS the neuro said because of a heavy steroid treatment. Then I worked a little PT job five years later for only six months and had to leave because it was way too exhausting. It's hard to put a single date for suddenly becoming disabled with this disease you know? Do you think I can just discuss this with Allsup? What do you think? Thank you!
                      ---------------

Comment

I was employed full-time so my disability date was easy to determine - not sure on your situation or any pros / cons on determining it and discussions with Allsup. Best wishes working thru this!

Comment

Hi RockyMom - just wondering how the SSDI process is going for you? Hopefully, good!

Comment

I'm still working on it

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                            Hi RockyMom - just wondering how the SSDI process is going for you? Hopefully, good!
                            I am having many other problems preventing me from completing the process online. I see my PCP tomorrow and needed to see her anyway before I submit everything. But I should be finished by the end of this week.
                            ---------------

Comment

RockysMom - You should confirm that your representatives are using the proper SSDI onset date. A part time job below certain thresholds for income and hours may not prevent you from collecting SSDI benefits for the same timeframe. Even a position that was above the income/hours threshold but only lasted a few months may be considered a 'failed attempt to return to work' and would not necessarily reset your eligibility. Good luck!
                              Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Working...
                              X