Linzess for Constipation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linzess for Constipation?

Do any of you take, or have you tried, Linzess for constipation? It is advertised for IBS with chronic constipation, but also for just chronic constipation. Just wondering if anyone has had success with it. Thanks!

Yes, I've tried it as advised by my gastroenterologist. Even at the lower dose, I had awful diarrhea. So, which was the lesser of the two evils.

Comment

Constipation

Diagnosed RRMS 25 years ago, SPMS for past 5 years. Have had many treatments, injections, pills, PT. I have been constipated for 15 years. Never liked taking drugs; all have side effects. Relieve my constipation naturally, have been doing regular enemas for over 5 years and no side effects, just relief. Since I have a fairly good diet of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit; little dairy, grains, sugar, salt and processed foods, am about as fit as can be considering heat and fatigue issues.

Doc says great! Will do more or less frequently as needed, and kind of nice to be able to schedule and not have to ever rush to a restroom. Found a nice kit to use and travel with too. Would recommend over any drug!

Comment

There's a new medicine out for chronic idiopathic constipation called Trulance. You can read about it at its website.

Comment

LINZESS FOR CONSTIPATION

GOOD DAY TO ALL. I HAVEN'T USED ANYTHING OTHER THAN SENEKOT,IN THE PAST. I NOW FIND A GLUTEN FREE DIET AND LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES,REAL GREEK YOGURT,I LIKE FAGE 2%. I DEALT WITH CONSTIPATION FOR OVER 25 YRS. SOMETIMES I WOULDN'T POO FOR 10 DAYS. I WOULD EAT MORE HIGH FIBER,WHEAT PRODUCTS, TO HELP ME FIND RELIEF. IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME. I ONLY GOT SICKER. I HOPE THAT YOU WILL FIND FOODS THAT CAN HELP. WE ALL TRY OUR BEST TO HAVE A BETTER DAY. I FOUND A CLEAN DIET HELPS ME GREATLY. NOT AS FUN AS JUNK FOOD BUT I HAVE BECOME CREATIVE IN A COLORFUL PLATE.
          I RARELY GET CONSTIPATED NOW,BUT IF I DO, I EAT DRIED FRUIT:PRUNES,DATES,RAISENS,APRICOTS ECT. WORKS FOR ME. THE BEST TO YOU.

Comment

I found a solution for me

OK, I had the same problem you did and can have it back in days if I don’t follow my routine. I was on two Docusate gel pills a day but wanted to pursue a more natural way. How I got there is a long story but I had no idea popcorn is a fiber. I get this popcorn it’s called “Skinny Pop popcorn- 39 calories per cup. I drink 10 ounces of water, eat 1 to 2 cups of that popcorn, and also eat two of the individually wrapped rhesus pieces cups. It’s like clockwork for me. I’m ready for business-pun intended-within an hour after that daily routine. Keep in mind I drink a lot of water and found out that literately the adding of 10 ounces of water to what I was already drinking was all the potion deeded for me. If I fall off my normal healthy diet every once in a while, I make sure I take MiraLAX dose with a little juice. Again if you’re drinking the amount of water you should be, it all falls into place for me, with the routine I mentioned above. By the way the popcorn choice is very low salt is well which is why I like it. Good luck hope all resolves.

Comment

Two Cents

I haven't had experience with that med. I'm a home health nurse and I have a few clients (without MS, just ICC) who have had really good results with another medication-Amtiza- if you're looking around for different options.
              Warm prune juice works really well, usually 1/2 to 1 cup in the morning and go from there. I personally cannot stomach it warm, though And are you drinking anough water? Hydration issues can increase constipation.
              Hope you find something that works well for you.

Comment

No

I have gastroparesis with a very slow bowel. Linzess did not work, doubling dosage did not work. I struggle with this a lot. Water, diet,exercise have not made a difference my GI is sending me to a motility expert for consultation, he is at a loss.

Peace,
                Anna

Comment

I have used Linzess for several years now. It worked better for me than Amitiza. I had a 6month period where my gastro had me do a quadruple dose of miralax and and linzess daily! Now that was interesting. Now I just do Linzess daily and a double dose of miralax several days a week. it works! MS really slowed my digestive tract.

i think you just have to figure out what works best for you! It took me awhile to get my digestive tract working! I used to never have stomach noises. Now I have it all the time, and to me that is good! It means things are moving.....
                  Brenda
                  Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Linzess

Originally posted by hobbit View Post
                    I have gastroparesis with a very slow bowel. Linzess did not work, doubling dosage did not work. I struggle with this a lot. Water, diet,exercise have not made a difference my GI is sending me to a motility expert for consultation, he is at a loss.

Peace,
                    Anna
                    Hi Hobbit,
                    I am on Linzess for constipation. I take 1 290 Mg capsule every day when I wake up. I take it with a full glass of water.

I eat around 45 minutes later after I take it. I make sure to eat fiber and drink plenty of water throughout the day.

It works for me. I have formed bowel movements at least 5 days a week.

It comes with downsides though. You need to be near a bathroom because it can happen right after your eat, or within the first 3 hours.

When you take linzess you are home bound for half of the day. I have diarrhea twice a week. This is one of the side effects.

You should never double the dose. Do you take it at the same time each day? Are you eating plenty of fiber and drinking water throughout the day?

I wish you luck.

Blue Satin

Comment

Gastroparesis

Originally posted by hobbit View Post

Peace,
                      Anna
                      I have been prescribed domperidone (not approved by fda in the USA yet) I'm getting it from Canada. I've not tried it yet but i have tried everything else. I wish a laxative would help.
                      DIAGNOSED=2012
                      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
                      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Domperidone

Domperidone worked for a few months and then it just started making everything worse. I stopped taking it and feel better for it.

With Gastroparesis (GP) fiber is a no-no. My digestive system is paralyzed at worst, slow moving at best.

It doesn't help that my GI is clueless.

Peace,
                        Anna

Comment

Working...
                        X