Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiming in

Greetings everyone.
    It's been awhile since my last post and thought I'd pop in and say my hellos.
    A lot has changed since my last visit here, new plaques along with a new drug.

Despite the intense intolerance to heat/direct sunlight I'm still making myself move the best I can but only in small doses prepping the yard up for summer.

Once the humidity sets in this year only times I'd be able to function outside now is in early mornings, but that' alright with me. Oddly enough I love winter a lot now lol.
    Dx RRMS 2015

Hi Perennialz! Glad to see you back! I've been doing some yard/gardens prep work in small doses too. Our winter was long and harsh and ice/snow did much damage to our trees and shrubs, so I'm glad that's over! Only have bulbs popping up now, but everything is starting to bud out

What new drug are you taking now?
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Perennialz View Post
      Greetings everyone.
      It's been awhile since my last post and thought I'd pop in and say my hellos.
      A lot has changed since my last visit here, new plaques along with a new drug.

Despite the intense intolerance to heat/direct sunlight I'm still making myself move the best I can but only in small doses prepping the yard up for summer.

Once the humidity sets in this year only times I'd be able to function outside now is in early mornings, but that' alright with me. Oddly enough I love winter a lot now lol.
      Welcome back, PerennialZ!! Sorry to hear new plaques and new drug, but hope doing well on new DMT.

Miss all my flowers so much. Just can't do what it takes anymore. Planting, watering, weed maintenance too much anymore. Have heat intolerance, too. Darn MS.

Glad you are still finding ways to adapt and keep working on yours. Whatever it takes, hope you can continue with your beautiful flowers!

Hope to see you around again more, I missed you!

(Can't say I like winter, either. Cold makes my spasticity worse.)
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
        Welcome back, PerennialZ!! Sorry to hear new plaques and new drug, but hope doing well on new DMT.

Miss all my flowers so much. Just can't do what it takes anymore. Planting, watering, weed maintenance too much anymore. Have heat intolerance, too. Darn MS.

Glad you are still finding ways to adapt and keep working on yours. Whatever it takes, hope you can continue with your beautiful flowers!

Hope to see you around again more, I missed you!

(Can't say I like winter, either. Cold makes my spasticity worse.)
        Hiya Kimba ^^
        I'm still looking for that happy medium for my poor body to handle cold and heat, but unfortunately for me, cold gives achy muscles and joints , and heat makes me feel like I'm melting. We just had a nice warm day yesterday, and the head issues acted up.

If I had a choice with the temps, I would prefer the cold, it's more manageable than the feeling of my poor brain in a fish bowl in extreme heat/ humidity lol

I'm going to have to make myself do outside work in the morning now ( never was a morning person lol ), but since my right side is weakening with left this year now, I need to force myself to exercise more to keep my extremities functioning despite.

Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Hi Perennialz! Glad to see you back! I've been doing some yard/gardens prep work in small doses too. Our winter was long and harsh and ice/snow did much damage to our trees and shrubs, so I'm glad that's over! Only have bulbs popping up now, but everything is starting to bud out

What new drug are you taking now?
          Greetings Seasha
          My new DMT is the ocrelizumab infusion. Copaxone wasn't strong enough for me. I didn't mind giving myself injections 3 times weekly. I loved the convenience of having that done at home, but now since I'm done with that drug, I will admit I feel liberated from the worry schedule of remembering, ( not to mention my skin ).

When I had to " dry off " from copxone for a week, I felt even worse when I had no DMT so it definitely was doing something for me. It's just a shame it wasn't strong enough.
          I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to work.
          Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Perennialz View Post
            Greetings Seasha
            My new DMT is the ocrelizumab infusion.
            Ocrelizumab is big in the news lately! We have a new sub-forum about Ocrevus http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...hp?163-Ocrevus and you might consider letting us know how it's going for you. Many are keenly interested in this new DMT and I'm not sure if anyone has shared their experience so far.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Perennialz and welcome back. I have an appointment with neuro tomorrow to talk about going on Ocrelizumab. I have been on Tec. and showed some progression on my last mri. I have to say the side effects are scary. Do post on the ocrelvus thread I would like to hear about your journey and I hope it works well for you.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
              X