Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSI low payments and misunderstanding

Hi
    I just got SSI a month ago. When i had my evaluation phone call, the social security worker misunderstood my payment methods for rent on my phone call, so thus i get little payments a month so little. I ask my disability lawyer for help, he said if we fight it they may call me a liar plus i may lose benefits and get in trouble. I only get less then 300 a month.

I need to move soon, cheapest rent is over 600 a month, question is what should i do plus if a move would my payments by month go up. I got enough back pay to move but i need advice.

I remember telling the social worker i pay rent, and owe alot of back payment of rent. Though he told my lawyer i didn't say anything about paying rent. If i fight this the outcome may not be good. So im scared to fight, but i really need more income. I need to move, to get medical treatment. I hope you can give me some insight.

Can you call the caseworker? Was the phone call recorded? Can you go in-person to a govt. office to explain with receipts in hand?

Comment

fyi - Rich does not seem to be active so looks like member experiences will be needed.

Comment

Working...
      X